Assistant Vice President, Windows Automation Engineer
We are looking for an enthusatic and highly motivated individual to drive continuous service improvement within Infrastructure through automation and self service. The main objective of the role is to automate current manual process by creating development and deployment frameworks for software defined Infrastructure. Please note this is not a Developer position. The role requires an individual with a Windows Infrastructure background who has experience in Exchange, AD, server and desktop building in addition to automation.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The Windows Infrastructure Team is responsible for the design, implementation and support of all Windows related infrastructure and systems for MUFG Securities EMEA. As a part of the Technology Infrastructure section, we provide a range of Windows platform services to other Corporate and Front Office Technology teams, as well as 3rd line desktop support to Service Desk/Trade Floor Support.
Main Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to drive continuous service improvement within Infrastructure through automation and self-service.
The main objective of the role is to automate current manual process by creating development and deployment frameworks for software defined Infrastructure.
This opportunity will see the successful candidate join the Windows engineering team, this role reports to the Windows Engineering Team Lead as part of the Technology Infrastructure team.
Please note this is not a Developer position. The role requires an individual with a Windows Infrastructure background who has experience in Exchange, AD, server and desktop building in addition to automation.
- Drive service improvement and automation at Enterprise grade developing internal process to support
- Documentation of scripts and tools
- Developing and defining standards for version control
- Testing frameworks
- Developing knowledge transfer and training of produced automation
- Support automation for 3rd line Infrastructure support as required
- Responsible for identification, design and engineering of proactive service improvements and process efficiency.
- May be required to participate in team on-call rota and some out of hours or weekend work as required
Skills and Experience:
Candidate must have strong experience in the following areas:
- Powershell scripting & development
- Competent understanding of VBA & VBA scripting
- Batch scripting
- Windows management systems and deployment e.g SCCM, Symantec Management Platform( Altiris), Deployment Solution, LANDESK
- Working with common API’s to interface with other applications e.g REST, JSON, XML, Yaml
- Calling 3rd party API’s for automation e.g VMware
Candidates should also have a technical background and skills in the follow subjects/areas:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Active Directory 2008/2012 design and implementation
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 design and implementation
Candidates could have a technical background and skills in the follow subjects/areas:
- BMC Control-M
- AppSense Environment for desktop environment management
Experience or skills in the following technologies is desired:
- VMWare Horizon v7 & Nutanix VDI
- Azure CloudIaaS & Office 365
- Microsoft Identity Manager (Galsync)
- Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Citrix Xenapp Design and administration
- Dell Hardware architecture and configuration management (Blade 10-13G, iDRAC, CMC, Networking)
- Platform integration with EMC storage platforms (XtremeIO, VNX, Unity)
Banking experience is not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and responsive to change
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.