Assistant to Portfolio Manager (French speaker)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Stanhope Capital LLP
- 23 sept. 17
Stanhope Capital was established in 2004 and is an independently owned wealth management firm providing discretionary portfolio management services to ultra-high net worth private and institutional clients worldwide. Stanhope is neither a bank, nor just a family office. Instead, we bring together the best of both worlds: the high service standards and transparency expected of a private family office, combined with the quality of investment expertise and operational excellence typically associated with a major global financial institution. There are currently 14 partners and over 80 employees operating from offices in London, Geneva and Jersey.
Stanhope Capital employs the best investment professionals across the industry providing an environment within which to develop their careers and gain a broad knowledge of the wealth market.
Our overriding objective is to protect and increase the real wealth of our clients by achieving superior returns while minimising investment risks to an agreed level. In addition to asset management, our firm offer family office solutions and direct and co-investment opportunities.
About the role:
On a daily basis, the portfolio management team assists Client Partners with the management of their book of clients. This includes the onboarding of new clients, implementing tactical decisions taken by the investment committee according to the restrictions in place, monitoring portfolios according to their investment mandate, managing client relationships, coordinating with clients’ advisors, maintaining AML and KYC documentation, preparing client presentations, producing bespoke reporting, helping Partners with RFP, dealing with adhoc requests such as payment instructions, requests for information on specific funds or investment themes.
The Portfolio Management Team in London is composed of two main segments each led by a Senior Director. The International Team focuses on cross-borders French speaking families. The Senior Portfolio Manager is assisted by a Junior Portfolio Manager as well as a team administrator. The role will involve working directly for the International Team, under the supervision of the Senior Portfolio Manager. The growth of the business and the complexity of the portfolios means that exceptional assistance is required to allow the portfolio managers to concentrate on delivering excellent client service.
The duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting PMs with client onboarding
- Assisting with the completion of account onboarding documents
- Liaising with the custodians
- Setting up portfolios in the systems
- Coordinating with Middle Office, Legal and Compliance, Finance
- Assisting with the subscription of private equity and other illiquid investments
- Completion of subscription documents
- Coordination and validation of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) process with the administrator
- Assisting with the preparation of contractual documents (IMA, W8 BEN / exemption letters etc.)
- Assisting with the completion and monitoring of AML documents (i.e. Exemption letters / W8 BEN / CRS form)
- Coordinating with Middle Office on specific processes (i.e. NAV sign-off on collective investment schemes and other funds)
- Coordinating with IT on specific processes or client projects
- Assisting PM on bespoke client reporting
- Checking client monthly reporting
- Monitoring and updating internal procedures for the team
- Monitoring and filling of team emails
- Preparing payment instructions (this includes cash management of the accounts)
- Monitor and update geographic and currency allocations of the underlying funds monthly
- Point of contact for custodians - providing fund documentation, reviewing corporate actions, chasing contract notes
- Assisting with collating information required by clients’ tax accountants
- Assisting with the preparation of client presentations for existing clients and prospective clients
Skills and Characteristics:
Applicants will require basic knowledge of the financial markets, are likely to have worked in a similar administrative role within financial services and are looking to specialise in wealth management. Experienced working knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
High attention to detail and team spirit is also important. The candidate must speak and write fluently in both English and French.
If you have
- strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
- an interest in performing a critical role while learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a strong work ethic, a “get on with it” attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- ability to work effectively with internal and external relations
If you are
- highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly growing company
- highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- a results oriented individual – a flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes”
- discrete and mature
- a team player
then we would like to hear from you.
Deadline for applications is 25 September 2017.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.