Bond Trading Systems Developer - Vice President
We have an opportunity within the Bond Trading Systems team for an experienced fullstack Java developer to work on the electronic trading platform. Working primarily with the development team based in London but also liasing with New York and Hong Kong based colleagues, the successful candidate will be involved in the support and development of the Rates and Credit Trading eCommerce platform. The longer term expectation of the role will potentially include management of the develoment team and deliveries.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
The Front Office Solutions department manages a combination of custom developed tools and vendor solutions to facilitate trading in line with regulations and standards, for the various desks both locally in MUSI as well as the overseas subsidiaries. The Bond Trading Systems team develops and supporst an inhouse pricing and trading application used by Rates and Credit desks in MUS(HK), MUSI and MUS(USA).
- Build desktop application and associated server components using core and GUI Java technologies
- Implement business requirements whilst following the groups established quality standards
- Build out a distributed trading platform and associated components
- Be a champion for software testing, maintainable code and best practices
- Further develop components built upon vendor and open source products
- Provide support for systems developed within the team, thoroughly explaining and documenting support procedures
- Manage relationships with other teams within FOS, the corporate technology department, and third party software vendors
- Plan, manage and deliver against agreed milestones
Skills and Experience:
- Strong frontend and backend Java development skills
- Experience in designing and developing distributed platforms
- SQL experience, preferable MS SQL Server
- Proven experience working globally with distributed software teams
- Good understanding of object oriented methodologies, design patterns and best practice
- Experience developing multi-threaded, low latency applications
- Good knowledge of test driven development and experience using agile development practices
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of accurate work estimation and delivery of tasks in a timely mannor
- Fixed Income financial knowledge
- A working knowledge of trading platform technology – ION Trading Marketview, Bloomberg and the FIX protocol
- Business facing skills and previous experience dealing with Front Office
- A working knowledge of fixed income pricing methodologies
- Experience is developing a distributed architecture
- A mix of server and client side Java development experience
- Person should exhibit a flexible attitude and be able to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively with both a technical audience and business users
- An ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment