Business Manager - ETR Central Business Management - Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
We are looking to recruit a Business Manager in London to join the EnterpriseTechnology & Risk (ETR) Central Business Management function.
The successful candidate will provide central team financial support to the ETR organization that is comprised of six super depts and will join an existing global team.
The ETR organisation is a major component of the Morgan Stanley Technology division and has a cost base in excess of $1Bn.
The successful candidate will fulfil a critical role within the team and provide support and oversight across all business management disciplines including expense management, annual budgeting / forecasting processes, and provide support for a variety of adhoc management reporting needs. The role operates in a fast-paced environment and requires a strong resource who has excellent excel skills and can operate independently with a delivery-oriented mind-set.
- Monthly & Quarterly financial management reporting, analysis and commentary
- First point of contact for queries requiring financial investigation
- Understanding the ETR cost base and complexity of its product allocations to provide financial information in a manner that supports strategic decision making
- Assist in budget / forecast cycles and financial management processes
- Developing a clear understanding of current allocation methodologies and being able to clearly articulate changes in allocations as a result of strategic support model changes to clients
- Analysis of actuals vs. Budget/Forecast variances + modelling of impact of ETR wide programs/projects
- Support in Financial review meetings and prompt resolution of financial follow ups
- Financial modeling of specific saving or investment options showing impact from both a provider and receiver perspective
- Support senior management requests such as executive presentations, ad-hoc financial analysis
- Reporting on the ETR Multi Year Financial Plan and articulating strategies that drive the expense base
- The successful candidate will be required to show flexibility and participate in special projects as requested by management
- At least 5 years? experience in accounting or financial controllership in an international organisation
- Must be able to operate independently and with little management oversight
- Should have background in financial analysis / reporting
- Must have ability to analyze / synthesize large amounts of data and present findings to senior audiences
- Methodical/organized approach to financial analysis and accounting processes
- Strong data modeling and data handling skills in Excel
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills to be able to interact at all levels & be effective as part of a broader team of business managers
-Aptitude for IT and strong understanding of technology concepts and terminology (experience and working knowledge of distributed Infrastructure environment preferred)
- Experience in building business cases
- Effective organizational & prioritization skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Technology cost base and allocation methodologies
- Experience of MS Finance systems or having worked in an Finance based reporting function
- Familiarity with Investment Banking environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access & relational databases / reporting cubes
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1