- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
CORI is the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SGCIB. It offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities. CORI provides tailor-made solutions to corporate, financial institutions, the public sector and family offices.
The role of the COO office is to support the strategy, the development and the transformation of CORI while maintaining a sound and safe framework to conduct CORI activities. In terms of organization, CORI COO is set-up around 4 poles, Performance, Run the Bank, Projects and Marketing Client Operations.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
The key purposes of the role are to:
• Support the CORI UK COO across all activities in CORI/UK – Coverage, Corporate Finance, FIG, CCG and MCO
• To provide support with the management of internal relationships in London with local management and partners (CORI business lines, Compliance, Legal, GLFI, MARK, HR, Support functions)
• To assist the CORI UK COO in representing CORI locally
Summary of Responsibilities
The CORI COO support role works closely with CORI UK COO as well as with the senior management of CORI UK and the coverage / business lines teams at all times under the supervision of CORI UK COO in London.
• Assisting the CORI UK COO (and ultimately CORI DIR) in all matters related to the UK CORI activities
• Coordination and preparation of internal presentations for CORI/DIR
• Implement and coordinate CORI transversal initiatives for the UK platform including Client Opportunity Plans, Client Budgets, Client scoring exercises, on-boarding of new clients/prospects, Client Profitability studies, Joint Business Reviews, NPS /Greenwich action plan, new Executive Sponsor initiatives.
• Conducting client performance analysis and benchmarking, to support the promotion of Investment Banking business, and to facilitate intra-group synergies and cooperation Coordination between CORI and Business Lines on specific products campaigns: IFD, CTY and GTB pushes, IBFS commercial priorities (optimization of shared goals, BHFM events, presentations of BLs in UK/FSC/Nordics business committees…)
• Providing bankers and management with market intelligence e.g. market trends, wallet sizing estimations, product-mix analysis, accessible wallet, SG's share of wallet evolution, league tables, lost deals etc.
• Contribute to change management on iC to better leverage on the GBIS CRM as a business driver tool
• Organisation of UK Business committees as well as preparation and circulation of minutes of each meeting
• Operational risk and conduct risk:
- Audit recommendations: participating in the implementation of new recommendations / recommendations follow-up
- Follow-up on CORI permanent supervision execution for controls processed in London
- Follow up on mandatory e-learning / banker handbook acknowledgments, training etc
- Business continuity management planning
• Monitoring and follow up on various topics including:
- CORI Work in Progress
- Team Credentials
- CORI UK headcount
- Cost follow-up (e.g. mobile phone, landlines, taxis, travel expenses, market data, late meals etc)
- Office planning
• Answer specific requests: conduct ad hoc studies, prepare documents for senior management meetings, and support local growth initiatives.
The role requires the following competencies
• Strong analytical and modelling skills and ability to summarize key messages
• IT skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Responsibility – capacity to understand and identify risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for CORI, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
• Knowledge of financial markets, solid accounting skills and knowledge of SG's organisation
• Rigorous and organized ; able to track issues and escalate as necessary
• Ability to articulate issues and solutions confidently and persuasively with audiences from Finance, IT, Operations groups
• Innovation – ability to support the team's in launching diverse cross-business initiatives
• Team spirit – experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds and leading teams, where appropriate
• Commitment – Excellent organisational and time management skills - ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an extremely time sensitive conditions. Positive, proactive working attitude
• Communication skills – strong written and oral skills able to interact comfortably with all levels of management, clear and concise writing
• Understanding of investment banking products and coverage problematic.
• Good knowledge of CORI processes and global tools.
• Master degree in Economics/Finance from a reputable Business School or University.
• Study experience abroad.
• English (written and spoken)
• French desirable (written and spoken)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.