- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- 17 oct. 17
C# Software Developer - Digital
Salaire : Not Specified
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Schroders Digital group are seeking a bright software developer with strong communication skills. The successful candidate can be from any industry background, and will work on a project with a lot of responsibility from the beginning.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product, Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment. Digital is a group of closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design, working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology.
The Analyst Developer is a core member of the Marketing Automation team and will be involved in building Marketing Automation capabilities using the latest digital technologies and Marketing Cloud platform. They will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team.
- Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Marketing Automation Capability Owner
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Marketing Automation Capability Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
Recent knowledge and examples of helping Digital delivery in the following areas is critical
- NET stack / .NET MVC. / SQL Server applications
- Marketing Cloud
- SalesForce suite of applications
- Good understanding of the business context of Marketing Automation
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
Credentials and Attributes
- Previous experience in development in the Digital area
- Educated to undergraduate degree level, preferably in computer science or similar
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.