Corporate Finance - Executive
An Executive must be capable of assisting with transactions and handling smaller transactions; must interface with clients, management, external financiers and other professionals. An Executive should know when to seek advice from the manager/senior manager and other specialists as appropriate and demonstrate strong commercial flair.
• Undertakes level to level marketing from own personal contacts.
• Supports the preparation of sector documentation, including research.
• Shows awareness and understanding of other service lines within the firm.
• Networks internally and develops personal contacts.
• Seeks input from managers to develop commercial awareness.
• Projects a professional image and builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations.
• Addresses simple questions confidently.
Client take on/risk management
• Seeks input from peers and managers as to firm procedures.
• Seeks input as to the firm's potential liability on assignments.
• Sets up Corporate Finance works document and undertakes anti money laundering checks on time and accuracy for clients.
• Takes responsibility for assigned areas in report ensuring accuracy for all figures in the report.
• Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Meets deadlines set for an assignment by managers.
• Maintains assignment files according to departmental protocols.
• Identifies activities to be undertaken and priorities accordingly.
• Technical competence.
• Seeks advice on areas of technical research and then undertakes research using the firm portals and databases.
• Possesses good IT skills and is able to use these to produce spreadsheets.
• Acknowledges the limitations of own technical expertise and experience and refers to other if necessary.
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
• Works effectively and enthusiastically with all members of the team.
• Prepares own performance review and seeks feedback after each assignment.
• Attends workshops, keeping technical knowledge up-to-date and developing competencies through in-house training opportunities.
Credibility as a representative of Financial Services Corporate Finance
• Creates a good first impression, projecting a professional image.
Operations and results
• Takes responsibility for assigned areas, including having own work reviewed and works to time and budget.
• Assists in the full recovery of billable time through accurate and timely submission of timesheets.
• Contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of team members through proactively seeking involvement in upcoming assignments and advertising own availability.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies.