Credit Analyst - Global Investment Solutions
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Aviva Investors
- 03 janv. 18 2018-01-03
We are looking for a Credit Analyst to join the Global Investment Solutions team within the wider Credit Team. You will be required to independently undertake fundamental credit analysis across a range of sectors for the UK and European issuers. You will be a responsible for assessing new deal proposals and reviewing existing exposures in accordance with the credit strategies, investment management agreement and delegated authorities agreed with the various fund strategies under management.
The various Alternative Income Solutions (AIS) teams' key objectives are to meet the investment requirements of their different fund strategies/mandates in terms of volume, return and risk appetite and to protect the value of the existing book to minimise losses wherever possible.
- Review and challenge new transactions, as part of the deal assessment and credit application process, with a focus (not exclusive) on Infrastructure
- Contribute in formulating a credit opinion and a credit rating of transactions, which is built into the Investment Committee's decisions
- Ensure that Clients' money is invested in accordance with credit risk requirements
- Engage proactively with the London & Paris teams within AIS, as well as Asset Management colleagues to help direct the structuring of new transactions and actively monitor existing deals, with a focus on Infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with other Credit colleagues
- Undertake the review, analysis and reporting of credit information from acquisition to repayment or re-structuring.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of our credit rating framework
- Participate in the development, implementation and on-going operation of the business' credit risk requirements in order to meet business, Fund and regulatory requirements
- Ensure actual and potential loss events are logged and actioned in accordance with AIS policy
- University degree / professional finance qualifications / relevant post-graduate qualification
- Previous experience in the financial sector, either at graduate level or above, and with a good awareness of commercial and financial matters including the principles of good lending practice
- Knowledge of the infrastructure sector is essential
- A thorough understanding of related credit risk strategies, products, risk profiles and regulatory requirements
- The ability to apply conceptual thinking to identify and resolve critical issues
- A high level of proficiency in mathematical concepts and accounting principles and techniques
- Able to give advice and guidance within specialisation to staff at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise plan and adapt to best use resources
- Proven ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels
- The ability to manage and engage in meetings, both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to influence decision making at senior levels
- Decisive, determined and willing to challenge staff at all levels on key business issues
- Excellent analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Recognised as a subject matter expert whose opinions are actively sought
- Solution driven and ability to propose / consider suitable risk mitigation to facilitate business
- Knowledge of Solvency II requirements and in particular the management of credit risk for insurance forms
- Understanding of enterprise risk management concepts
- Proven ability to work as part of a team working collaboratively towards the business vision and goals
- Good knowledge of loan documentation, legal concepts and debt structuring considerations
- Understanding of credit rating processes is a plus
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.