Credit Impairment Analytics Assistant Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 25 sept. 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Finance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in establishing the team's role within the IFRS 9 governance process and operating model, working closely with Credit Risk and global finance teams. The team aims to become a centre of excellence for credit knowledge within the HSBC Finance community.
- Production of analytics which support the review of IFRS 9 impairment results at global business and significant subsidiary impairment committees. Additionally, these analytics will support external reporting disclosures.
- Assist in the preparation of papers that document the challenge of the expected credit losses calculated by entities and global businesses.
- Review the Group's credit disclosures to ensure best practice and compliance with regulatory standards (e.g. IFRS).
- Monitor the external environment to identify reasons to adjust the Group's expected credit loss calculations and assess the external markets expectation of the Group's ECL.
- Prepare an expectation of reporting period expected credit losses to support group management and investor relations.
- Maintain a robust and compliant control environment.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification is essential, and experience with the Big 4 is a distinct advantage
- Fundamental understanding of the financial reporting and external disclosure requirements for a large financial institutions and some experience of preparing or auditing published financial statements.
- Awareness of IFRS 9 and other relevant regulatory and best practice reporting issues.
- Ability to design, document and communicate analytical procedures to provide assurance over external financial statements.
- Experience of preparing technical/formal papers which are delivered to a senior management level.
- Knowledge of risk modelling concepts would be an advantage.
- Be a self-starter/motivated - ability to work with minimum supervision with attention to detail. Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to field, analyse and solve unstructured problems/queries and to challenge existing procedures.
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues confidently to line management.
- Be able to work to strict deadlines, under pressure and be a team player.
- Keen to learn/ask questions/progress.
- Hyperion experience would be an advantage but not essential.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009CNF.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.