Cross Asset Class Electronic Trading Risk Manager - Vice President
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 janv. 18 2018-01-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Operational Risk Department (ORD) works with the business units and control groups to help ensure Morgan Stanley has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive program for managing operational risk, both within each area and across the firm globally. Operational risk is the risk of financial loss or other potential damage to the firm’s reputation due to inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events. This group designs, implements and monitors the company-wide operational risk program.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional with experience in Operational Risk and/or Market Risk to serve as a Vice President in the Operational Risk Department in London. The role will cover algorithmic trading across all asset classes and will be reporting directly to the Head of Operational Risk eTrading. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger global team.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Identify and evaluate risks related to the systems and information supporting Firm algorithmic electronic trading activities
• Provide challenge and guidance to 1st line of defense assessments of their risks and controls
• Review completeness and execution of relevant procedures and assess assurance mechanisms for how effectively they identify weaknesses or failures of key controls
• Communicate key risks to senior management on a regular basis, including creation of presentations articulating key risks. Escalate emerging or developing risks as the technology and industry landscapes evolve.
• Assess, through inspection, observation, or re-performance whether controls are designed and implemented effectively so as to verify that risks are mitigated to targeted levels
• Review technology and security risk issues as well as internal and external incidents in order to help inform the 2nd line of defense independent view of the overall technology and security risk posture of the Firm and its underlying legal entities
• Build effective working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders including: Sales and Trading, Business Unit Risk Management, Desk Quantitative Strategists, Compliance, Technology and Operations.
• Review metrics and escalation reports to monitor risk and control-related developments, issues and trends
• Implementation of the governance and controls policy for ORD including assisting in the development of new controls where appropriate.
• Coordinate with ORD colleagues who cover Business Units and Infrastructure Groups in discussing impact of technology and security risks on business and support processes
• Participate in Operational Reviews such as the Incident Review Meetings and Analyses
• Monitor industry developments in the management of technology and security risk
• Direct exposure to electronic trading (Risk Management, Technology, Operational Risk, etc.).
• Experience with electronic trading technologies and concepts, e.g. FIX messaging, market micro-structure, regulatory rules, and market data.
• Experience in Technology (IT) Risk Management and/or Technology (IT) Audit
• Strong knowledge of financial products, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required.
• An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favourably.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation
• Proficiency with a variety of IT applications as well as a good understanding of programming is advantageous.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple deliverables.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1