Data Analyst- Financial Institutions- London (16341)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fitch Ratings
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
Data Analyst- Financial Institutions- London (16341)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings' Financial Institutions team is seeking an Data Analyst to join its Central Functions and Research (CF&R) group. Fitch Ratings CR&R group is focused on developing an efficient analytical data environment for analytical teams by bringing consistency and standardization to the rating process.
The position involves working with Fitch's internal and outsourced partners to provide the highest quality and most consistent financial data to Fitch's rating analysts. This position involves working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that procedures and applications developed to support the process meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
A key part of the role will be to identify opportunities for reducing the number of manual data offsets or changes performed by the analytical group, and monitoring the SLA between the analytical group and the outsourced partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience at a global financial services and/or data organization. Experience in data management and financial statement analysis is required. The selected candidate will be self-motivated professional possessing strong organizational and problem solving skills, proficiency in Excel, and the ability to communicate with senior managers, analytical staff, and technical support - both verbally and in written reports. A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in information systems, finance, accounting, economics or other relevant areas required.
- Assist with financial statement data collection, checking, and preparation.
- Assist with monitoring of quality metrics to support SLA review with outsourced and internal partners.
- Look for opportunities to streamline the process and reduce the potential for errors in the ratings process.
- Assist with management reporting and operating metrics on a regular basis and as directed or requested, to keep others informed of operations and progress.
- Assist with day to day management of multiple queries raised by internal application users.
- Participate in various projects including training analytical users on use of Fitch's core data systems.
- Working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that procedures and applications developed to support the process meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the FI group's business and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend solutions and procedures to streamline/improve current processes and provide highest quality support to the global analytical community.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current procedures, applications, management report and training.
- Promote an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team environment including with colleagues in the US and Asia.
- Good experience at a global financial services organization or data provider.
- Customer focused with the commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze, propose and execute practical operational solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp