Data Analytics - Assistant Director
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 sept. 17
Data Analytics - Assistant Director
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transactions Analytics Assistant Director, you'll help make that happen. That will mean using your valuable insight and advice to clients from all industries and make strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. Working on everything from developing business development initiatives to managing multi-disciplinary teams, you'll work some of the most high profile clients - all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
With our support, some of our clients have grown to be among the most recognizable, respected brands on the planet. We're currently growing our Transaction Analytics team to meet increasing demand. As part of the team, you can expect exposure to a full range of client types and needs, along with formal training to support your personal goals. Although the Transaction Advisory Services team is largely London based, we operate as a national team.
Your key responsibilities
You're likely to balance your day by significantly focusing on managing and growing a multi-disciplinary team, work to support clients by advising them on the benefits of data analysis as well as managing their expectations in relation to deliverables and identifying risk on the assignment. You'll develop business development initiatives, creating demand, converting sales, engagement delivery and knowledge management. As a subject matter expert, you'll advise clients on how to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organisation. You'll also contribute to setting and agreeing budgets and help the team achieve target fees by assisting in proposal development and other selling initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Developing business development initiatives with previous proven experience of achieving sales targets greater than £0.5m
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams, client and 3rd party professionals on client engagements
- Advising clients to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to an organisation
- Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the career and technical development of other team members
- Supporting clients on the benefit of data analysis, complex calculations and visualisations demonstrating how it can be applied at all stages of the transaction life cycle
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
To qualify for the role you must have
- A qualification in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or highly numerate science
- Previous experience of strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical techniques to provide insight to business issues
- Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive modelling and data visualization software
- Past experience of working in a data analytics or transaction environment and a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle
- Experience of leading large teams, complex engagements, mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, including exposure to high profile transactions
- We also welcome Director level applicants for this role
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, so they'll look to you to find, ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance