Development Manager, Director
- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 oct. 17 2017-10-23
The Aladdin Product Group (APG) develops and supports every facet of BlackRock’s information systems needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The
The Aladdin Product Group (APG) develops and supports every facet of BlackRock’s information systems needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breadth of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
Within APG, Blackrock’s Tactical Solutions team provides enterprise-level rapid application development (RAD) solutions that adhere to industry recognised best practices. Team members work in conjunction with business units throughout the firm to develop solutions that:
- Meet business requirements that fall outside of core system functionality
- Enable product innovation and speed-to-market
- Prototype new/emerging business processes
- Achieve operational efficiencies
- Remediate risk
Tactical Solutions have formed a new partnership with BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (“FMA” or “Advisory”) group which provides counsel to financial institutions, regulators, and government entities on their most critical and often most complex financial issues. Where FMA client engagements involve the delivery of a technology solution, Tactical Solutions are providing technical leadership, architectural design, development and infrastructure services.
This role will have the responsibility of leading the technical element of project streams on behalf of Tactical Solutions for the FMA group and their external clients, providing architectural oversight, leading and contributing to development, and ensuring timely delivery of robust and performant solutions.
- Work with FMA Project Managers and Modellers to architect robust solutions designed with performance, quality and reusability in mind. Solutions are usually highly complex financial models
- Contribute to the developent of models and solutions
- Use and contribute to repositories of reusable code and advertise the use of this throughout the FMA group
- Work to integrate reusable components in to models
- Ensure best practises are adhered to with a passion for clean, maintainable code whichever the technology
- Learn and explore new technologies with a focus on how they could be used to improve current development methods
- Travel to client sites to gather requirements and facilitate deployment
The ideal candidate will have a background in RAD development, who has demonstrated the ability to work across multiple technologies focusing on the best tool for the job. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years leading in a RAD development environment whilst still being hands-on
- 10+ years Excel development (Advanced Excel Functions, 3rd Party API’s).
- 10+ years VBA development experience (User Defined Functions, Automation Macros and scratch written code, both procedural and class oriented, Error Handling, Process Validation, Forms and ADO / recordset handing).
- 5+ years experience with database tools (Running Queries through VBA etc).
- Good knowledge of SQL, including table design and stored procedures
- 3+ years C# application development
- Must be able to adhere to coding standards.
- 5+ years experience developing/working within Financial Industry.
- Good financial knowledge required
- Financial modelling experience beneficial
- Requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones would be beneficial.
- Strong teamwork and time management abilities a must.
- Must be a good problem solver with a dynamic yet pragmatic approach to technology
Nice to Have
- Big Data / Hadoop
- Python / Java
- • Power BI