THE DIRECTOR ROLE
The Director role will be based in London and will work closely with the New York and London-based Partners, Directors and internal team in leading and executing client engagements.
- Experience working on Sub-Saharan Africa, in the context of country risk and financial markets.
- Working closely with the key stakeholders within the firm across key corporate and investor strategy engagements including originating, designing, leading and executing our projects and engagements.
- Lead on specific client engagements as directed by the Partners.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships. Including: Preparing and delivering client work – research and writing of original content, oral presentations on assigned topics with internal and external audiences;
- Briefing senior client representatives and boards;
- Developing a deep understanding of clients’ strategy, operations, supply chain and other exposures to tightly tailor analysis to their needs;
- Coordinating and managing workflow;
- Managing internal teams to best leverage skills and strengths within the context of a client engagement.
- Contribute to business development initiatives, including creating / delivering proposals, conceptualising new firm offerings and evaluating new business opportunities.
- Identify, monitor and report upon sources of risk and opportunity in the global geopolitical and macro economic environment; developing and leveraging individual expertise to contribute to the overall output of the firm.
- Line management of Associate and Analyst-level team members.
- Involvement in recruitment and other aspects of business growth.
- Contribute to the company Directors Group and its role in continuing to build on the internal infrastructure of the firm and the firm’s growth.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent drafting and communications skills;
- Ability to prepare accurate, concise analytical reports;
- Ability to produce a consistently high standard of work under pressure;
- Organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise and manage work on multiple projects to tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality; and
- Ability to lead client engagements and interact with clients directly, professionally and authoritatively.
Experience and Qualifications
- Client / project management experience
- Experience managing project teams and junior staff
- Experience of working with senior executives
- Degree in relevant field (International Relations/International Affairs/Security/Economics)
- Office Based
- Visa sponsorship not possible
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org