Be a Part of Our Success
Director, Infrastructure Systems IntegrationWhat is the opportunity?
Responsible for the design and standardization of GTI integration and services aligned and in support of global business requirements. This position has a strong alliance with GTI Engineering to provide the solutions and innovations that will meet business requirements. The individual in this role provides vision and leadership through exceptional technical and business understanding. The position will influence and shape the delivery of Infrastructure and System Management services, ensuring standardization and delivering solutions to Application Development and GTI teams. The individual in this role is a strategic partner to the targeted business areas. The role will work directly with the firms Engineering, Application Development and Infrastructure teams acting as a liaison and driving solutions through design, analysis and technical review. Business solutions provided will align to GTI Engineering standards or developed in partnership with GTI Engineering.
What will you do?
- Partner with GTI, Application Development and vendor organizations providing efficiency conduits and integration framework of GTI's service offering.
- Oversee strategy specific to application and infrastructure delivery mechanisms , ensuring that the strategy complies with RBC Architectural and Application Development standards
- Serve as an advocate for promoting paradigm shifts of methodology and thought process from legacy models to industry standard aggressive/agile frameworks
- Identifying and managing solution sets with adherence to GTI Engineering standards
- Provide solution design and engineering models that are scalable, reusable and OS agnostic..
- Ensure that global standardizations of process are in place and continually reviewed and optimized for efficiency improvements
- Partner with Application Development contributing to the firms direction and deliverables
- Partner with the PMO in facilitating global deployment of engineered solutions
- Lead product proof-of-concepts specific to GTI ensuring flexibility and agility are core features of product lines with consultation from GTI Engineering
- Manage relationships from Business and Application Development to GTI as a single point of contact into GTI's service offering
- This role will also work closely with system owners in other departments including security, infrastructure, and product management to ensure successful integration with, and support of, key business functions
- Define and implement standardization across the GTI and application development stacks
- Promote and onboard infrastructure and development teams into framework with robust documentation and agility
- Ensure standardization process and policies are in practice
- Liaison from BAS clients regarding GTI's services adding technical and business value bridging gaps and creating functional use cases for instrumentation
- Develop best practices through direct and indirect partnerships with application/development teams
What do you need to succeed?
- Substantial experience in a technical Infrastructure and development capacity
- Experience in senior technical management and senior leadership roles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Successful track record of leadership capabilities. Experience in managing teams through transformational change and integration activities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment
- Expert knowledge of IT standards, methodologies, configuration, development and operational frameworks. Strong understanding of major elements of technology to facilitate discussions with business and enable effective communication with subject matter experts
- Strong awareness of Open Source and evolving industry solutions
- Extensive Infrastructure support experience with knowledge of Infrastructure' service offering through the entire stack and application development teams usage
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2017-09-05
Req ID: 143870
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]