Director, Institutional Advice
- Competitive + excellent benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- SEI Investments (Europe) Ltd.
- 09 janv. 18 2018-01-09
This role is a key hire reporting to the MD of Institutional Advice. You will be providing timely and relevant advice on strategic asset allocation to SEI's UK and European institutional clients, a cornerstone of SEI's Fiduciary Management proposition.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
• Provide advice to support institutional clients, including but not limited to defined benefit pension scheme trustees in establishing their fundamental investment beliefs.
• Advise SEI clients on investment strategy taking into account factors such as risk tolerance, funding policy, investor sophistication, client constraints and nature and term of the liabilities.
• Provide advice, modelling and recommendations to clients in relation to;
o Setting of risk budget
o Spending the risk budget through establishing an appropriate long term investment strategy
o A ‘Flight Plan’ framework to support agreed investment objectives;
o Liability hedging
• Advise on changes to the SIP required either as a result of regulatory changes or changes to the investments.
• Assess client’s success in achieving their investment objectives. This includes;
o Assessing the performance of the strategy and structure decisions.
o Assessing performance against a liability or goals-based measure.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues internally and with clients as appropriate to deliver emerging investment opportunities.
• Advise on suitability and opportunities that may arise in relation to asset and liability de-risking.
• Assess the impact of de-risking opportunities on the risk / return targets and ‘Journey Plan’ for each client.
• Support and assist the sales process by providing strategic advisory input into RFPs, oversee development of presentation materials and present in person to trustee board/CEO/CFO level.
• Participate in roundtable events, seminars, conferences, media interviews and develop thought leadership in areas of strategic interest to Institutional investors.
• Keep Current – (market conditions, regulation, SEI products and services, etc) and maintain ongoing and effective communication and alignment of these with client business practices.
• Maintenance and updating of internal systems/ data reference points in agreed format to ensure consistency and communication of relevant information within the team and ensure integrity of data.
• Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
• Adhere to all relevant FCA requirements and compliance.
~~TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES/SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
• CFA, FIA/FFA, IMC qualified or equivalent
• Experience within the financial services industry (investment consulting, fund management, Investment banking or asset management).
• Strong technical knowledge of pension finance and investments.
• Substantial pension scheme investment strategy experience.
• Deep investment knowledge across multiple asset markets.
• Excellent presentation and client influencing skills.
SEI is an equal opportunities employer
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of September30, 2017, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages, advises or administers $845 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $325 billion in assets under management and $516 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit seic.com
About SEI’s Institutional Group
SEI’s Institutional Group is one of the first and largest global providers of outsourced investment management services. The company delivers integrated retirement, healthcare and nonprofit solutions to more than 480 clients in 13 countries. Our solutions are designed to help clients meet financial objectives, reduce business risk and fulfill their due diligence requirements through implemented strategies for the management of defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations and board designated funds. For more information visit: seic.com/institutions