Director, Market Outreach UK and Ireland
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
Director, Market Outreach UK and Ireland
This position will have day to day responsibility for the identification of, engagement with and development of relationships with key market participants (including investors, sponsors, advisors and other key influencers) in the UK/Ireland across all ratings sectors.
The position will develop and maintain relationships specific to their area, interact (in a compliant manner) with the relevant analytical practices to facilitate active engagement between the analytical team (including sector coordinators) and stakeholders, collaborate with country managers and work with the sales and product development team as appropriate to identify and develop new business or product opportunities.
- Accountable for the development and execution of an interaction strategy for an identified portfolio of key market participants.
- Provides tangible actionable feedback to the commercial team around innovation, product development and engagement opportunities from market interactions and is fully integrated into the commercial function
- Represents the 'first line' of engagement with the market in relation to analytical, research and criteria matters and facilitates effective interaction between the market and the analytical etc. teams
- Interacts, on an ongoing basis, with the analytical, country and commercial teams to ensure the effectiveness of the role and the co-ordination of activity such as meetings with investors
- Contributes to the development, alongside the marketing and analytical teams, of a programme of events targeted to achieve maximum impact with relevant stakeholders (121 meetings, breakfasts etc.)
- Acts upon market intelligence received as appropriate such as tracking commercial opportunity, feeding back criteria commentary or facilitating analytical education etc. and elevates strategic matters for consideration of senior management
- Contributes to the achievement of an annual and three year market outreach plan both individually and for the group
- Makes recommendations as to the ongoing development of the stakeholder portfolio for which they are responsible including additions/removals from the portfolio etc.
- Enhance the reputation of S&P's through ensuring professional proactive engagement with the market which will beneficially impact our external stakeholders' view of the value we add to the global ratings market.
- Identification of relevant stakeholders and ensuring that relevant details remain current
- Executes on the required frequency meaningful engagement with the stakeholder base
- Commercial opportunities/product ideas generated
- Analytical interactions facilitated
- Overall satisfaction level of Investor and Issuer Survey etc.
- Specific feedback from portfolio of stakeholders
Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Has strong knowledge of the industry and regional market, latest developments/issues [as applicable]
- An understanding of S&P business and products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level.
- Has working knowledge of relevant analytical criteria including ratings, green evaluations, ESG etc.
- Where required, has local language skills to facilitate more effective market interaction
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of an organization, particularly at a senior level
- Must be able to manage workload across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating, take the initiative and personal responsibility to, for example, create ongoing relationships with their stakeholder portfolio
- Effective team worker who readily shares market intelligence and experience amongst the group
- Influence and advise management on necessary changes and execute against the portfolio and set plan.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to adapt to global environment