Job Description The Role:
S&P Global Commodity Insights are recruiting for the role of European Olefins Director. This role is an opportunity to develop and grow a market research and consulting business by providing strategic direction for the expansion of value chain coverage. The successful candidate will become the 'face' of S&P Global Commodity Insights olefins business in Europe.
We are seeking an expert with deep market and subject matter expertise of the European olefins and related markets. The successful candidate will have commercial or corporate planning experience, will have excellent communication skills, and bring with them a network of industry contacts. The position will be responsible for developing insights, forecasting product market direction and building long-term relationships to add value to our existing and new clients.
The candidate may already have spent time in market research and consulting roles as a specialist. Entrepreneurial and with the gravitas to represent the organization across the C suite, world class presentation skills are a requirement for the candidate to represent the company as a key note speaker at industry events. Qualifications
Work Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Polymer Science or suitable numerate discipline, MBA an advantage
- 15+ years of career experience in a chemical operating company, market research or consulting business
- Significant experience in market intelligence, strategic/production planning, writing of detailed market or technical reports, leading teams
- Career tenure spanning multiple roles
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing from an operational and market perspective
- Strong data manipulation, modelling and analytical skills, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with petrochemical processes, petrochemical feedstocks, derivatives and end use markets
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing/marketing and capital investment economics
- Strong customer/client interaction skills while exhibiting a high degree of empathy
- Demonstrated track record of team collaboration and achieving results
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- Candidate must be willing to travel internationally
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
R28416 Posted On:
London, London, United Kingdom