EMEA Market Risk Analytics Vice President
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 janv. 18 2018-01-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Market Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market risk exposures arising from EMEA and UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Vice President to work in its Market Risk Analytics team. The team is responsible for overseeing the development of market risk methodology and market risk models which feed directly into the firm’s internal and regulatory capital calculations, covering Market Risk. The Department monitors the performance and enhancement of the models per the model Permissions and also manages the frameworks for Risks-not-in-VaR.
The role will cover all asset classes and will be reporting directly to the Interim EMEA and UK Group Head of Market Risk Analytics. The team currently consists of 11 people across London and Budapest. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well at both the regional and global level.
Core responsibilities include:
• Development and enhancement of market risk models (VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM and RNIV) to ensure ongoing appropriateness.
• Involvement in key deliverables, both for internal and external requirements.
• Regulatory related analysis on Market Risk Models: VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM and RNIV.
• Input into the Model Validation process.
• Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of market risk models including backtesting, RNIV framework etc.
• Involvement in analysis and interpretation of key regulatory requirements.
Skills required (essential)
• An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
• Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and change, specifically those emanating from Basel and European regulatory authorities including PRA.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering enhancements to risk models.
• Good knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR and Stressed VaR.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Strong communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentations.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment of risks and an understanding of the risk areas covered, including models and products.
• Good knowledge of using SQL.
• Strong Excel VBA skills.
• Ability to program in R\Python\Java.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1