EMEA Risk Governance, Regulatory - Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The Risk Management Division comprises Market, Credit, and Operational Risk, together with Risk Governance, Risk Infrastructure, Risk Analytics and Portfolio Risk.
This role is within the EMEA Risk Governance function. The Function has the responsibility to ensure EMEA Risk Management Division’s governance (including policies and procedures) is in line with local regulation and best practice and help ensure a consistent approach in dealing with regulators.
• Regulatory submissions and regulatory liaison: Co-ordinate, as well as provide input and support to the wider team on regulatory submissions and capital model applications, as well as self-assessments, with a focus on market and credit counterparty risk.
• Collaborate with a wide range of senior stakeholders across Risk Management and other departments for regulatory purposes, including quality assurance on regulatory submissions and PRA information requests ahead of semi-annual visits.
• Regulatory landscape: Keep up to date with new and incoming regulations and provide support to carry out the impact assessment and analysis of the implications for Risk Management.
• Liaise with project teams to ensure regulatory requirements are considered and addressed.
• Provide support to the wider team on committee administration and other regulatory matters including taking minutes and co-ordination.
Skills Required / Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ideally in Finance, Economics, other business related subject, or Law;
• Business writing experience, with particular emphasis on policies, standards, and guidelines;
• Prior experience in risk management or other risk/control role, ideally within a wholesale financial services environment;
• Good understanding of banking regulation, especially relating to risk management;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations;
• Confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate;
• Committee administration experience including minute taking and agenda and submission management.
• Very strong organization skills with flexible approach and ability to plan schedules, multitask, and prioritise; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Business knowledge of capital markets (sales and trading);
• Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders..
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1