Key role in a leading and highly respected sell side financial institution, headquartered in London.
This employer provides institutional investors with equity research, quantitative and technical analysis, economics research and agency execution in European equity markets.
Equity Research Editor to work with Co-Head of Research Services. The role provides oversight of product and how the firm seeks to add value to fund managers and investors.
- Daily summary. Help sales create the daily summary of research with an emphasis on the broking story.
- Aggregators. Marketing to Bloomberg to ensure changes of recommendation are captured early in the morning. Ensure that tagging is correct so notes appear on Bloomberg in the right way.
- Website. Integration of product management processes into the website: what is current, what should be highlighted on the home page, how should email communications for sales be created.
- Manage the genesis of large reports – what is planned at conception, bring in peer reviewers as required, discuss additional resources that could be required (surveys, new data sources)
- Create early warning system for analysts to flag when they are putting pen to paper to enable Product Management to intervene/suggest changes of approach as appropriate.
- Manage flow of product to avoid bottlenecks.
- Keep overview of Numbers, ensure valuation and other tables make sense at a high level.
- Keep an eye on EPS changes and that they have been flagged appropriately to clients where material rather than simply uploaded.
- Run the “Challenge” process of stale recommendations or recommendations that sales and others believe should be discussed further.
- All notes including grey tops will be seen by the product management team before publishing as a matter of course concurrently with compliance checks, and will need fast approval.
- Help manage the morning meeting – bringing in analysts to re-cap on important notes, to react to news as well as to speak on new publications.
- Contribute to the creation of new thematic products tying research together – e.g. ESG via what is written across sectors, supply chain etc.
- Some experience in financial journalism. (preferred)
- University degree or equivalent (required)
- A good grasp of valuation metrics and value drivers of a business.
- Excellent spoken communication skills – experience of giving presentations is valuable.
- Excellent written communication skills – experience in report writing and/or essay writing is valuable.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Willingness to engage day-to-day with our analyst and sales teams.
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual flair, independent thinking, initiative, self-sufficiency and ambition with a passion for equity markets.