Engineering - Platform - Core Network Engineer - Vice President - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 janv. 18 2018-01-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing new solutions for internal clients o Working with internal clients to understand their requirements o Translating client requirements into technology solutions o Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
- Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
- In-depth knowledge of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
- In-depth knowledge of data centre design principles, products and protocols
- Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
- Design and product experience with firewalls ? Nokia/Checkpoint, Juniper Netscreen/JunOs
- Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Layer4-7 switching / High Availability (Citrix Netscaler preferred), Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
- Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualisation Computing and Multimedia
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.