Equities C++ Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 juil. 18 2018-07-20
Equities C++ Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Equities Technology
We are currently seeking a dedicated C++ Developer to join our team in London. As part of our Central Risk Technology team, you will be joining a bold, dynamic environment, with a culture that rewards excellence and nurtures talent.
Our team supports the CRB business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides creative solutions for low touch facilitation of client flow, hedging and smart position management.
We are a global team with a solid presence in AMRS and EMEA. We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognising and responding to specific regional requirements that differentiate each market.
We are a diverse team of experienced developers, business analysts and QA authorities working closely with the business group. Our team supports an existing product set and due to a focus on this business area within BAML, we are also building the next generation CRB platform.
As a Front Office C++ Developer what will your main responsibilities involve?
- Working on a couple of platforms, a trading strategy engine that supports client facilitation and risk management, and a market data distribution platform, serving the EMEA as well as global equities business
- Continuously streaming strategy improvements and regulatory enhancements
- Collaborating closely with the desk on brand new trading strategies
- Maintaining the underlying platform which has been built on a C++ framework with low latency and high throughput at the heart of the application
- Collaborating with many partners and groups across the business
As a Front Office C++ Developer what skills and qualifications will you ideally have?
- Degree level education in a technical, numerical or science-based subject or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of C++, including recent updates to the language
- Have an understanding of and experience with multithreaded systems, and low latency IO
- Have a good knowledge of network programming and optimization
- You have experience with design patterns (Observer, Factory, Singleton etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Great Teammate - You are able to work with, and take technical direction from, the team lead
- You can demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-faceted role (development with some testing, support and analysis)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of strategy based trading
- Experience working with agile methodologies is helpful
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture (algo-trading plant and topology)
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of equities and/or derivatives markets
- Knowledge of FIX (heartbeating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc.)
- Demonstrates Initiative and Motivation
- Handles reputational risk
- Integrates IT and Business
- Adapts One's Own Skills / Abilities
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.