Equity Derivatives Business Control # 107186
We aspire to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision.
- Actively handle bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well-capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty
- Drive cost efficiencies and growth discipline
- Committed to improving the control, quality and efficiency of our information, advice and services
- Engage with business to actively prepare bank for regulatory changes
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents
- Executing controls to detect unauthorized trading or unusual activity and raise on time to senior management
- Validate Daily P&L through risk based explains and new trade analysis. This includes analytical reviews of P&L with a key understanding of market moves, new trading activities, provision validation, model parameter changes and flash vs actual drivers
- Providing managerial mentorship and supervisory oversight of the team. This includes effective organization, accurate execution of processes, and resolution of issues, applying subject matter expertise/judgement and ensuring timely escalation of issues to management
- New trade/product approval after understanding of payoff structure, trade booking model, valuations and accounting implication. Liaise with Front Office and Valuation Control team to discuss and resolve issues
- Detailed analysis of new trades P&L including payoff structure, over-hedge, and valuation methodology; challenging any breach of Product Information
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
We offer competitive salary, the advert expires 4th of January 2018.
- Experience in Exotic derivatives Product Control within Banking. Any asset class is fine, preferably Exotic Equity Derivatives
- Confirmed understanding of Exotic derivatives and Structured Notes including front to back business, products and valuations
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organization
- Excellent academics: Bachelor of Science, Accounting or Business degree with an overall mark at least 2.1 from a well-respected university, preferably a numerate Master degree