First Line Mgr, IMS OPS, Officer
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
First Line Mgr, IMS OPS, OfficerState Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, South Africa and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
Front Office Data Control (FODC) is a service offered to IMS clients. It is designed to compare records of the Client`s Front Office System to records kept at State Street, flag and resolve differences, work with internal teams and the client front office provider to resolve breaks, have a proactive mindset to inform other business units of potential issues further downstream.
- Own and manage FODC (Front Office Data Control) process
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Manage staff to meet goals if applicable.
- Track work effort and goals.
- Maintain Open Actions / Issues logs which aid in tracking issues and providing a document to reference within checkpoint meetings with manager.
- Track key project milestones to help ensure that each functional area within the team is built and ready ahead of a conversion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Architect Lead to help aid successful delivery of each milestone.
- Where applicable, provide assistance to the team leader and team members to close out issues.
- Think globally by encouraging the regional FODC teams to work together to discuss strategic initiatives and close out issues.
- Assist in gathering/preparing project information by attending and facilitating client and internal meetings.
- Assist in the analysis of current/proposed processes and recommend solutions and improved processes.
- Drive the review of Operating Models, Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators for FODC.
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Degree and 5-8 years asset management operational experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good time management, organizational and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- PC literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Other: Flexible working hours may be required.