Fixed Income, Credit Portfolio Management Graduate Internship
Salaire : Not Specified
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Team Overview: The European and UK Credit team managers around £20bn in assets across Euro, Sterling and Global Credit Strategies. We have a team of 7 specialist Bond Fund Managers in the team who are supported by the Global Credit Analysts. As research-drivenTeam Overview:
The European and UK Credit team managers around £20bn in assets across Euro, Sterling and Global Credit Strategies. We have a team of 7 specialist Bond Fund Managers in the team who are supported by the Global Credit Analysts.
As research-driven bond investors, we gain a performance advantage by using our large team of specialist analysts and portfolio managers to research ideas in their local markets. As Idea generation is a key component of success we are committed to operate a diverse creative and smart team.
Who we look for:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Masters graduate to join our Fixed Income – Credit division as an intern. We have a proven track record of converting our interns into junior portfolio managers after 12 months. In this role you will have the opportunity to be an active contributor to the team and influence the investment process and strategy.
Our goals and investment decisions are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value, therefore we employ the most talented, innovative and ambitious individuals with an inquisitive mind and an appetite for a challenge. You will need to have intellectual curiosity and the passion and desire to make independent decisions based on your thorough research. You will have strong analytical skills and a passion for macroeconomics, companies’ life cycle, politics and global trends.
Overview of Role:
• After the initial training period is over, actively contribute to the idea generation process and the management of the portfolios
• Work on various ad hoc research and analytical projects (Macro and sector reviews, Relative Value and Risk Management tools…)
• Liaise with internal teams in other divisions such as the Economists, Emerging Markets or the US team for research purposes
• Prepare for and actively participate in internal meetings (credit research, strategy and allocation meetings) or with companies' management.
• Masters (or equivalent) at 2:1 honours degree or above/equivalent. Preferred degree disciplines include Economics, Maths, Finance or Sciences.
• A passion and interest in Investment Management and financial markets
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Some understanding of Game theory or behavioural finance desirable
• Good understanding of Fixed Income Investments and Financial Analysis
• Some previous work experience in relevant field/role/industry
• Knowledge of Excel/VBA appreciated
• Strong communication skills
• Creative self-starter
• Have an interest in macroeconomics, companies' life cycle, politics and global trends
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to work well in a fast paced environment
To apply, please visit www.schroders.com/careers. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete a video interview.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.