Fund Management Associate, Infrastructure & Real Assets
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets division has an opportunity for a qualified accountant with some post qualification experience to join the team in our London office.
Work within the Fund Management team as an Associate, where you will be a key member of a team responsible for management and statutory reporting for the Infrastructure & Real Assets business in Europe.
You will be responsible for managing the finance and operations of the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets investment vehicles, which invest into infrastructure and real assets throughout Europe, with the aim of providing income and capital growth to investors. Your role will focus on the Infrastructure and Renewables products, gaining exposure to the flagship Macquarie European Infrastructure Funds and the Macquarie Green Investment Group Renewable Energy Funds.
Your experience in a similar type role- for example, working on closed-end or open-ended private equity funds would be advantageous, although not essential. You will however be degree-educated, coupled with a formal accounting qualification with post qualification experience.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- have oversight of external service providers and asset finance teams, including reviewing financial statements, tax calculations, fee calculations and reconciliations
- coordinate and prepare financial statements and other reporting obligations for our Funds and their subsidiaries, including, where required, liaise with asset finance teams, other internal MIRA specialist teams, external service providers, auditors and other commercial counterparties
- be involved in treasury management, budgeting and forecasting for the funds including optimising the FX and hedging requirements of the Fund and managing investor drawdown and distributions
- provide accounting consultation and advice to the business teams and asset finance teams
- assist on transaction advisory and execution work-streams through the acquisition, ownership, and divestment lifecycles
- co-ordinate ad hoc reporting or responses to individual questions or due diligence requests from Investors
- attend Fund and subsidiary Board Meetings involving the review of board papers and presentation of these papers to entity boards as required and providing board members with information and analysis to make decisions related to the financial management of these entities.
Your technical competencies will enable you to deal with complex group structures and accounting issues, high level of IT literacy and advanced excel skills, partnered with your experience and understanding of IFRS, consolidations and multi-currency environments will be well utilised in this role.
You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be a highly motivated, proactive and resilient individual. You will demonstrate sound business judgement and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.