GeoSpatial Data Specialist – Investment Research - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Octavius Finance
- 11 juin 18 2018-06-11
A leading quantitative investment group is currently looking to add a senior GeoSpatial Data Specialist to a new Data team that they are building which aims to use next generation web harvesting techniques to uncover unique insights that power their Investment Research process.
You will be working in conjunction with both quantitative and fundamental data-driven equity research teams to gain insights from ‘big data’ and ‘unstructured’ data and convert from a raw format into something useable.
What does this team do?
The team builds, designs, and experiments with next generation data analysis by using techniques such as web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science.
They then apply these data science skills introduce alternative data into investment research and the development of new investment products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping build out a Geospatial analysis function and using this to build a competitive advantage within investment research.
- Delivering geospatial analyses to inform the investment decisions
- Speaking directly and providing analysis to clients
- Supporting the investment teams (quant and fundamental) and contributing to high quality investment decisions
- Collaborating with other Data scientists in the areas of Social Media, Credit Card transactions and Market research.
The team has been investing in their data capabilities with the acquisition of new data sources to launch new primary research data gathering and analysis solutions
They have also employed a team to systematically gather, cleanse, structure and analyse primary data.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in conjunction with a team which develops Alpha generating equity quant strategies.
You should have strong coding abilities and Knowledge of common geospatial data sets.
Applicants with Visualisation experience will be at a advantage however this is not essential.
Prior Finance Experience is not requited.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded and innovative teams in the Market.
The team is not only growing but also investing heavily into this area of data analytics.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org