Global Comms Ops & Engineering Manager
Salaire : Base + Bonus + Benefits
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Technical Global Engineering & operations Manager required to lead a team of 8 (plus off shore) to work across all areas of Networks, Security and Ops. You will be CCNP to CCIE qualified and have experience working in an infrastructure lead organisation.
Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for all aspects of Infrastructure design, delivery and support for Schroders globally. We have support personnel in most global offices, but the architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. Over the last year the Head of Communications has created a truly global and collaborative team which has opened up a number of new global roles.
Overview of role
The Global Network of Schroders is the back-bone for the company to function. We have a global network spanning 27 countries with 34 offices and numerous datacenters. We utilize many different types of networks including DWDM, MPLS, various point-to-point technologies and VPNs. The LAN has undergone various upgrades in the past years, but now with the advent of several new datacenters and major projects, we’re currently architecting what the future looks like. We look forwards to working with SDN and NFV and extending the existing data centre estate into the Cloud. As we grow and develop we are enhancing the engineering teams to support & build them.
This role will manage the global engineering & operations teams for Schroders. There are engineers in London, Luxembourg, Zurich, Singapore & New York. This role will work across all areas of networks, network security & unified communications. The role will be working on & managing technologies all over the Schroders world, with a large emphasis on being an engineering-lead infrastructure organization.
• Manage all Engineering & Operations of Communications. Approximately 8 global staff, plus off-shore NOC and support partners
• Be a key manager within the Global Communications team
• Build and enhance the global network
• Work closely with the Head of Global Communications on execution of strategies
• Work closely with the Global Networks Lead to ensure the network is fully configured to support real-time protocols for loss-sensitive applications.
• Work closely with the Global Networks Security Lead to ensure all designs & deployments are globally saleable and supportable
• Work closely with the Global UC Lead to ensure all designs & deployments are globally saleable and supportable
• Support the video conference and audio visual estate
• Support global LAN, MAN & WAN
• Ensure all global deployments are done to a high standard, with all supporting documentation completed.
• Maintain high-levels of uptime across the entire communications estate
• Act as 3rd line for any and all major issues which arise.
• Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
• Background in financial services or similar regulated industry
• Experienced in datacenter deployments & green field sites.
• Experienced in converged datacenter design & converged fabric.
• Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the network performance & capacity
• Demonstrable experience of working in a large global environment
• CCNP to CCIE knowledge and experience preferred
• In depth of routing & switching
• Experience of data centre networks and network virtualization
• Setup and support of video conferencing
• Experience of Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewalls
• Knowledge of network security
• In-depth knowledge of IP routing & routing protocols.
• Understand latency, and it’s affect on applications
• Exposure to cloud networking is highly advantageous
• Extensive experience of wireless networking
• Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure
• A good communicator, and able to bring teams on a journey of global working
• Someone who never accepts the status-quo. Someone who challenges why things are done the way they are
• Someone who is capable of ‘green-field’ thinking. Capable of imaging how the global platform could look, and capable of creating a strategy to get us there
• Work well with others, in a collaborative environment
• Be a global leader, provide clear direction and mentor the more junior staff
We recognise the importance of making Schroders an employer of choice. We ensure that our employees understand our strategic aims and objectives and are clear about their role in achieving them, and have policies and practices that make Schroders a desirable place to work. We encourage employees to act ethically and be aware of the wider community.
Our global reach and diverse product range means we are able to offer an exciting range of career opportunities both in the UK and abroad. Schroders is a dynamic organisation that prides itself on innovation and specialisation and encourages innovative and entrepreneurial individuals to deliver leading edge solutions to our clients.
We seek to ensure that our workforce reflects, as far as practicable, the diversity of the many communities in which we operate. At Schroders we also recognise the diverse needs of our employees in managing the responsibilities of their work and personal lives. We believe that achieving an effective balance in these areas is beneficial to both the Company and the individual and look to offer a flexible approach to determine when, where and how work can be done.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV’s and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV’s directly.