Global Financial Controller - Practice firm
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Broadgate Search Ltd
- 15 sept. 17
Working with a growing Global practice firm; the role responsible for the accounting functions of the firm and providing day-to-day leadership for the financial and managerial accounting operations.
- Lead all internal and external accounting operations including month-end close, tax, audits and other required compliance reporting
- Work directly with external audit firm(s) to plan and lead the annual audit process
- Review monthly financial statements and analyze trends to ensure results are accurate
- Develop and produce monthly management information in the form of dashboards and KPIs that are used for decision-making
- Assess and maintain an adequate system of internal control.
- Review/approve account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of the balance sheet
- Manage the preparation of financial statements prepared in compliance with US GAAP and statutory reporting requirements on a timely basis.
- Prepare and provide necessary financial information to Directors/Management Committee members of relevant legal entities to ensure compliance with all governance and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee cash management by ensuring invoices are entered, reviewed and approved for payment.
- Oversee billing process to ensure that clients are billed timely and that invoices are collected by working with bookkeeper and engagement team members.
- Prepare monthly cash forecast for each entity to ensure cash flow needs are attainable with expected inflows and outflows.
- Manage the annual budget process and related forecasts throughout the year.
- Advise the delivery unit and the firm on potential cost control strategies.
- Chartered Accountant
- Undergraduate degree in the area of Finance or Accounting, Advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of experience working in a variety of accounting roles, preferably in both private and public company settings
- 5+ years of experience leading accounting function in a growth company
- Strong statutory reporting and US GAAP compliance background
- Proven track record of developing, validating, analyzing and communicating management information to support good business decisions.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience in global financial statement consolidations, including currency conversions and intercompany eliminations
- Success rapidly launching and scaling international accounting operations, especially in North America and Europe