Graduate/Junior C#/.Net Developer - Investment Bank -£35k-£45k - London
- 35k - 45k plus bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
My client is a leading investment bank based in the city. This role would be ideal for a graduate who has recently finished there degree and is looking to start there career as a software developer within the financial sector. This is a great opportunity and will really kick start your career.
We are also looking for juniors with 1/2 years experience for a separate team which would offer a slightly higher salary.
This Developer role will focus on day-to-day Business support and development of trade life cycle events, trade settlements, batch issues, market data, static data configuration and general problem resolution of the Commodities settlement systems. A good understanding of .net technologies, sql server and the importance of TDD is a must. You will be responsible to investigate and fix the issues that arise as well as suggest and implement improvements to the system.
Good knowledge around Investment Banking is preferred but not essential as ‘on the job’ training will be given. The candidate will have to respond to queries and issues from the various business users, as well as operational issues with downstream systems IT representatives. Once trained, out-of-hours cover will be mandatory whereby the candidate will join the rota to support the overnight batches.
Applications to be supported include settlement systems covering Precious, Energy, Base and Bulk metals trading, for both physical and cash traded derivative products.
- Commodities BSD (Business Develop and Support) support out of London, for global regions
- Help define and implement process around support, development and deployment
- Problem investigation and resolution, ensuring all queries and issues are logged, assigned and progressed in a timely manner.
- Periodically review and ensure support documentation is up to date.
- Pro-actively responding to the demands, challenges of Business and other IT Departments, prioritising those solutions/demands and managing expectations of users/customers.
- Ensure the robustness of systems and procedures within Commodities Technology.
- Provide analysis and design for solutions to problems raised, following development standards and best practices. Identifying and communicating issues and risks to manager as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Share knowledge and participate as a team member within Commodities Technology team.
- Participate in Functional and User Acceptance Testing for projects in the Bank that impact Commodities Technology.
- Automation of manual tasks / test cases.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- An Information Technology/Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics degree
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Global mind-set
- Client mind-set
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Pays attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Multi-tasking skills
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity
- Can work in ambiguity
Should you wish to know more about this great opportunity please send your CV over to jomullen@teksystems(.com) or give me a call on 0203 530 9019 and ask for John