Head of Development - Technology firm - Sporting predictions
- market rate + bonus + bens
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Milburn Lewis
- 08 août 18 2018-08-08
Market leading technology firm require a high calibre Head of Development to lead multiple teams of development engineers. This firm uses data science and analytics to predict the outcome of sporting events for its global client base, and is the market leader in this field.
The Head of development will be responsible for managing several teams of development engineers, optimising their output by aligning plans, development methods, engineering standards and an end-to-end application architecture. You will need to balance short-term tactical needs with longer term strategic improvements, whilst enshrining continuous process improvement and technology and process alignment as key enables for continued success. From a management perspective you will ensure your teams have the right opportunities for professional development, and be highly skilled and motivating and managing large teams.
Your strong technical background will allow you to work closely with the Head of Engineering to implement standard approaches across teams that accelerate delivery while reducing risk. The core applications are high-volume, event-driven, asynchronous, distributed systems. Candidates should ideally have familiarity with the following technologies;
- Server Side .NET languages C# and F#
- Experience of working with event streams and event sourcing (EventStore, Kafka, NoSQL)
- Distributed messaging technologies
- Experience of high frequency and highly responsive systems
- High availability technologies and concepts
- Deployment automation and build environments (Bamboo, Jenkins, Octopus)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading organisation, in a senior leadership role. Sport is at the centre of this companies activities, and whilst a passion for sport would be a big plus, this is not an essential attribute.