The Head of ESG Product Management will act as a liaison between business lines to develop & advance the firm's ESG product strategy and drive cross-functional consistency and coordination. The position will help develop or lead, and execute product strategy (including product roadmaps), product development, and product management initiatives for the T. Rowe Price ESG product suite in partnership with Asset Class and Vehicle Product Manager. The incumbent will lead offensive and defensive strategic and tactical initiatives, as well as the development of an integrated marketing communication (and training) plan for these strategies.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The role will collaborate with Investment Leadership, Portfolio Managers, other roles within the Product Group, Portfolio Specialists, Marketing, Legal, and Distribution Channels to ensure that ESG products are well‐positioned to enhance their competitiveness in the eyes of clients, prospects, consultants, advisors, and the media.
The Head of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Product Management will help formulate and drive our ESG product strategy across asset classes and geographies. The role is focused on ensuring T. Rowe Price has a well-positioned range of ESG-focused investment options for our clients across the world. This individual will sit on both our ESG Enablement Lead Team and The Global Product Lead Team and will help collaborate on our overall vision for ESG, our product roadmap and regional execution.
As part of this role, the Head of ESG Product Management will need to develop and maintain a detailed understanding of client needs and product trends across the globe – often utilizing industry data and client trends/views to develop their perspective. They will need to apply this understanding of the external environment to our in-house investment capabilities and develop thoughtful perspectives on where and how T. Rowe Price is best equipped to participate in the ESG space. Finally, they will need to collaborate with Global Product and Investment Leadership to share their insights and inform our go-forward product strategy.
- Work with other Global Product Partners, Investments, Distribution, and other key colleagues across ESG to develop & execute on a robust product strategy for ESG products, including product roadmaps
- Build and maintain a framework for continually assessing market demand for current and new products that is consistent with the overall investment product strategy
- Develop and execute appropriate action plans through regular product health checks, with the support and agreement of the respective Investments division.
- Work with other teams in the Product Group and respective Investments division to manage capacity, vehicle features and optimal pricing for the respective asset class
- Coordinate and drive competitor assessment & other bespoke analysis.
- Help reconcile product line-up across ESG fund types
- Ensure proper geographic coverage
- Identify opportunities for TRP to establish visible thought leadership on ESG strategies through participation in select conferences and internal education forums; support creative and innovative ways to deliver our thought leadership to market
- Monitor and document ESG related news and controversies and keep well-informed of ESG topics and trends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of related experience
- Clear understanding of ESG space
- Clear understanding of investment strategies, markets, and competitive offerings
- Demonstrated ability for thought leadership and execution experience with regards to product strategy, product development, and product management work, successfully ensuring delivery of good customer outcomes leading to beneficial commercial results.
- Ability to successfully operate in a matrixed structure; valuing collaboration & partnership to deliver and execute on strategic plans
- Outstanding verbal, written (primarily Powerpoint), and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to gather meaningful data and synthesize it to represent a story
- Polished executive presence with the capability to project credibility and gain trust and respect at all levels, internally and externally.
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity.
- Enthusiastic and optimistic with a drive to succeed and willingness to take managed risks.
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and understand relationships between various facts, ideas, and objectives.
- Proven project management experience with a business perspective and strong process orientation with a history of delivering results
- Ability to manage time and shifting priorities effectively while in a challenging operating environment, and under minimal guidance
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.