Head of KYC Financial Crime Compliance
A pivotal role has opened for a Head of KYC Financial Crime Compliance to join our Compliance function. This key role will ensure that the bank conducts its business such that we protect our reputation, our business, and our customers within the regulatory and legal framework.
Financial Crime in MUFG Compliance is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of effective systems and controls to protect customers’ assets and to mitigate the risk that MUFG might be used to further financial crime. The Head of KYC leads the KYC Team - this means managing and developing the individuals within the team, re-engineering the processes and refining the systems which support KYC, including optimisation and streamlining legacy bank and securities processes and policy. They will show leadership within London and EMEA for Financial Crime matters, in particular in dealing with senior stakeholders across the business, being supportive and challenging. Assist in the management of KYC system upgrades, projects and system development. We are seeking an indvidual with Financial Crime experience gained at MUFG, at another financial institution or at a consulting firm, demonstrating breadth of knowledge of the industry standards of KYC. Another important aspect of the role is being able to manage your resource and your teams resources effectively against competing demands for time in order to deliver improved delivery of high priority issues.
1. Leading the KYC Team.
2. Develop the individuals within the teams
3. Stabilise the team and lead them through change
4. Making decisions on recruitment and training to meet future capacity requirements
5. Use a deep understanding of the global financial situation and KYC industry standards to contribute to decisions on departmental strategy and financial crime strategy
6. Operate as a subject matter expert on financial crime, and KYC in particular, taking responsibility for assigned contribution to MUFG's Compliance Programme
7. Take responsibility for managing and assigning projects, and participate & represent Compliance interests in larger projects across the Bank
Masters level degree or equivalent experience
Work Experience Essential:
Financial Crime KYC experience (i.e. gained in MUFG, another financial institution or consultant).
Functional/Technical Competencies Essential:
Knowledge of KYC and associated regulatory requirements
Behavioural Competencies Essential:
1. Be able to manage your resource and your teams resources effectively against competing demands for time in order to deliver improved delivery for strategic matters.
2. Think clearly under pressure and be able to explain, negotiate and resolve matters at every level of this bank.
When hiring we look for the following:
- Integrity and Responsibility
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Challenge Ourselves To Grow
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.