Head of Legal
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 janv. 18 2018-01-19
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management and we are currently seeking a Head of Legal. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate with a proven background in legal matters across a range of investment businesses, including commercial contracts in the UK and overseas, litigation and compliance.
Principal responsibilities will include:
• To be responsible for managing all legal matters within the organisation, including liaison with external legal advisors and litigation.
• To identify the impact of legislation and court precedent on the organisation’s business.
• To attend court on litigation cases as required.
• To ensure that the organisation complies with all legislative regulations imposed by appropriate bodies for trading.
• To be responsible for advising on compliance and for developing and implementing robust legal control procedures.
• To review and negotiate all types of agreements including capital markets contracts and investment agreements.
• Acquire specific knowledge on the constitutional and specific legal aspects of the organisation.
• Attendance and contribution to committees and working groups, including credit and securities lending, litigation and tax.
• To be responsible for all statutory requirements under company law and for returns and documents requiring sealing, insurances, and registration of shares and attending Board meetings.
• Meet with management of business areas, finance, operations, technology to assist in the establishment of legal risk management and support of trading investments and commercial matters.
Successful candidates will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in addition to being a qualified lawyer in England and Wales and be a member of the Law Society holding a valid practicing certificate.
• At least 8 - 10 years’ experience at a senior level of the management of legal issues within institutional fund management organisation in the City.
• A well-defined knowledge of the legislative matters and legal concepts within the market, and the ability to liaise with external parties on behalf of the organisation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to gain credibility with senior management and external parties.
• A methodical decision making process with the ability to plan over a strategic time frame and the capability to analyse and solve complex situations.
Our organisation has a very low employee turnover which serves to highlight that it is an excellent place to learn, develop and prosper.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.
Please click ‘Apply for Job’ to provide a resume of your career to date together with your current remuneration package.