Be a Part of Our Success
Head of London Rates eTrading IT
What is the opportunity?
The London eTrading IT development team requires an experienced hands-on development manager to head up ongoing development and face off to regional business.
What will you do?
- Managing a team of 10-15 developers and system specialists
- Working with the global head of Rates Etrading IT to develop and execute the global eTrading strategy
- Face-off with regional business to ensure requirements are captured, prioritized and accurately represented and delivered
- Hands-on in design and architecture and establishing and enforcing IT development best practices particularly DevOps and Agile processes.
- Responsible for stability and performance of ION Platform within RBC globally
- Work to prevent, to detect, and to eliminate the potential for risk and liability to the Firm
- Remain enthusiastic during times of change, and communicate support for Management Decisions.
- Work to recruit, retain and develop top talent.
- Ensure that all direct reports receive at least one formal performance appraisal each year, as well as continuous performance feedback during the course of the year.
- Develop and communicate measurable goals and objectives for your direct reports, ensuring performance standards for each employee are aligned to those of the business. Review these during the course of the year, to ensure that they are still relevant
What do you need to succeed?
- BS in Computer Science or other science or engineering disciplines
- Significant experience in Rates technology particularly in Front Office technology
- Experience with ION MarketView platform
- Experience in Java, C++ languages
- Experience with HTML5 frameworks
- Experience in design and development of proprietary electronic trading systems
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Thames Court
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM - Director
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2017-12-08
Req ID: 150510
Flexible Working Options Considered