- Competitive salary offered
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17
This role will assist the equity & fixed income portfolio management team to ensure that the funds perform according to performance objectives and in line with risk guidelines. It will also involve assisting the equity and fixed income manager research team to identify managers with superior skills and competitive advantages.
BUSINESS UNIT INFORMATION:
The Investment Management Unit is the group within SEI that manages client assets through their asset allocation and manager selection processes. The IMU has a number of specialist teams within it including portfolio strategy (asset allocation), portfolio management, management research and risk management. SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, fund processing, and investment management business outsourcing solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of June 30, 2017, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages or administers $507 billion in mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $204 billion in assets under management and $303 billion in client assets under administration. SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (“SIEL”) is SEI’s London based European subsidiary and is regulated by the FCA.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- Assist the equity & fixed income portfolio management team to ensure that the funds perform according to performance objectives and in line with risk guidelines.
- Assist the equity and fixed income manager research team to identify managers with superior skills and competitive advantages.
- RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Data / Systems Management
- Ensure accurate and timely input of data into FactSet, Style Research and any other investment analysis systems.
- Monthly update of above systems and production of standardised monthly analysis reports.
- Maintenance and development of analytical tools such as Permont.
- Investment Information
- Take responsibility for the production of regular investment statistics, analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Produce various investment information in response to any queries or issues as they arise.
- Investment Analysis:
- Assist in the quantitative analysis and monitoring of SEI funds and managers. This will entail uploading portfolio data into various analysis tools, and working with the investment team to produce relevant analysis.
- Support the manager research process for existing as well as potential candidates.
- General Support:
- General support to the manager research and portfolio management teams and wider IMU as required. This may include the preparation of materials for manager meetings, team discussions and for sales / marketing purposes, maintenance of the research library, etc.
- Keep Current – (market conditions, regulation, SEI products and services, etc.) and maintain ongoing and effective communication and alignment of these with client business practices.
- Maintenance and updating of internal systems/ data reference points in agreed format to ensure consistency and communication of relevant information within the team and ensure integrity of data.
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Best Practice
- Adhere to all relevant FCA requirements and compliance.
- ASSOCIATES GRADUATE SCHEME
This position is part of our competitive graduate leadership scheme called the Associates Program which is designed develop strong leadership skills and equip individuals to drive the future success of the business.
- Thoughtful career management: Associates will have regular feedback sessions and performance reviews with their manager and Human Resources to formulate their individual growth and development goals.
- Mentorship: On joining, Associates will be paired with two mentors; one a peer and the other, a more seasoned manager. These mentors are there to provide support and guidance during the programme and should be an invaluable resource to the new Associate.
- Orientation in the United States: Associates in good standing will visit our headquarters in Oaks, Pennsylvania where they will learn about SEI’s business directly from senior management, have a chance to network with their US colleagues and learn about team work and leadership during a rowing activity on the Schuylkill River – led by an Olympic Gold medalist.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES/SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) – preferably to include a basic grounding in investments
- Some prior work experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills essential; Solid experience with investment software or services a plus
- KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Initiative & Problem Solving Skills
- Natural Curiosity & Inquisitiveness
- Independent Self Starter
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task; strong time management skills
- SEI is an equal opportunities employer
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of December 31, 2016, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages or administers $751 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $283 billion in assets under management and $468 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit seic.com.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (“SIEL”) is SEI’s London based European subsidiary and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.