Insight and Product Marketing, Senior Lead Manager
- Competitive plus Benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- T. Rowe Price International
- 08 janv. 18 2018-01-08
The Senior Lead Manager of the Insight & Product Marketing team leads and manages all aspects of the planning, development and implementation of our Pan European thematic and product marketing programmes for leverage across segments and/or regions.
This includes formulating strategy and positioning, identifying themes & opportunities, content development, and measurement with the goal of improving and enhancing our ability to win and retain assets across the region. This role, managing a current team of 3, collaborates with the Head of EMEA Marketing and the EMEA country marketing managers, as well as Head of EMEA, country heads, investment writers, market research team, relationship managers and investment teams to identify Pan European marketing strategies and initiatives aligned to product and thematic priorities that can be leveraged across the region. The role then oversees the planning and execution of those initiatives. This includes managing direct and matrixed resources from other departments, such as marketing shared services, to produce and disseminate sophisticated, institutional quality, messaging, propositions, thought leadership, content and subsequent distribution programmes that positively position and differentiate T. Rowe Price in the marketplace, increasing awareness, consideration and selection by institutional and intermediary investors. Manages a global governance model for Insights & Product Marketing for GIS to ensure greater leverage and more activation of thematic/capability/product content and communication initiatives. Key audiences for T. Rowe Price in EMEA include institutional and intermediary channels, with leverage into advisory for the UK and Italy.
- Oversees the development and execution of integrated, insight-driven thematic and product lead marketing programmes, leveraged on a Pan European basis aligned primarily to institutional and intermediary audiences: Provides direction and monitors the work of other senior marketing managers (aligned to fi9xed income and multi asset and also equities) to ensure the development of engaging, timely and meaningful output and integrated campaigns to support identified strategies and/or initiatives. Provides meaningful direction and input on positioning, themes and content. Measures the success of Pan European initiatives and plans and adjusts strategies accordingly. Serves as content subject matter expert with strong emphasis towards institutional and fund selector audiences. Consideration and leverage for the advisory audience is also required. In EMEA T. Rowe Price is relatively new to developing more thematic campaigns which are based on industry, marketing and client insight. This role will be key in working with stakeholders such as market research, relationship managers and investment writers to help identify and then implement these insight-led content and marketing programs.
- Leads and manages team currently consisting of three direct reports: Formulates current and any future state structure for the Insight & Product marketing team and agrees roles and responsibilities. Identifies skills gaps, coaching requirements and development opportunities. Performance management, independent development plan and compensation discussions.
- Communicates insight led campaign and content strategy: Informs relationship managers, investment writers and investment teams around our EMEA integrated approach to using content, collateral and tools and ensures relevant initiatives are developed and updated as required. Formulates, develops and implements editorial strategy (thought leadership and investment stories) for the EMEA region across products and themes. Adapts strategy for institutional, intermediary and advisor audiences.
- Leads strategic and ad hoc projects: Draws on own knowledge of business, clients and products to lead high impact cross regional and/or cross enterprise initiatives.
- Manages global governance model for Insights & Product Marketing: Establishes and manages an ongoing model to ensure marketing programmes leveraged on a global basis, with a range of GIS Product Marketing Managers in EMEA (direct reports) and the US and Asia (reporting to head of Marketing for relevant region).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, investment strategies and portfolio positioning is essential
- Proven institutional and intermediary marketing experience is required
- Experienced in managing and leading teams
- Ability to influence and drive change in a matrix organization
- Intellectual curiosity and knowledge of current trends in the Institutional/intermediary marketplace and marketing solutions
- A personal drive to impact business results
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to think strategically
- Team-oriented and ability to motivate/influence virtual teams to drive quality in delivery
- An idea-generator with the ability to execute
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with senior investment professionals and executives
- Ability to lead project team with diverse skills and priorities
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing or communications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience that combines marketing, communications and investments preferably with an investment management firm
- Current MBA, MS Finance and/or CFA (or currently pursuing degree/designation)
- Extensive experience working in the institutional asset management field