- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Anthemis Group
- 03 mai 18 2018-05-03
Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are looking for an Associate to join our Investment Partnership team in Soho. Our IP team is responsible for the end-to-end management of customised venture investment portfolios for select incumbent financial institutions. This individual will work alongside other Associates and Directors to contribute to the origination, evaluation and execution of technology investments. They will ideally bring experience of either investing in or building a financial services technology startup.
Key objectives include:
- Assist the investment team in analysing early stage technology companies. Typical reviews will include analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across the insurance industry, including new insurance propositions, analytics and data, artificial intelligence and automation, digital health, risk management, mobility and asset management.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
Experience & expertise:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm, re/insurer, or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.