A strong Java Developer with backend java development experience, good knowledge of databases & messaging.
Our Client is a US Tier 1 multinational investment bank. We’re currently forming a team to support the modernisation of their transaction reporting engines. The systems are highly available and support a large trading volume from their desks in NY, London and Asia. Both ETD and OTC products.
You will be joining First Derivatives development team distributed between New York, London & Newry. You will also be supported by a team of First Derivative Business Analysts and QA Engineers.
You will be involved in development of core server-side functionality and optimisations. The role does not involve deployment or support of the application.
- Building highly-available, fault-tolerant code
- Identifying problems and code reverse engineering
- Test Driven Development with appropriate unit tests for every functional change
- Working with the BA team to complete Spikes and analyse issues
- Supporting the QA team for Functional and Regression Testing
- Working with the wider Dev team to ensure the success of each Sprint
- Balancing technical implementation with the business schedule and deadlines
- Collaboration with Scrum Master and wider management team when required
- 3+ years of experience and excellent knowledge of Core Java (i.e. Collections, Generics and Functional Programming etc.)
- An ability to break down a problem and present a logical solution or next step to solving a problem
- Very Experienced in source code control and CI Systems (i.e. git/bit bucket/stash, Jenkins etc.)
- Comfortable with modern IDEs (Eclipse and IntelliJ)
- Experience with build automation and dependency management tools like Gradle
- Experience with IoC frameworks like Spring
- Experience with RDBMS (Sybase, DB2 and PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working across both Windows and Unix
- An ability to work independently and reach out to the team for support in a timely fashion
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like MIFID, EMIR, SFTR and FRTB
- Experience in Investment banking and an understanding of Financial Products and Life Cycle Events
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.