Java eTrading Developer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
Java eTrading Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: GMRT
Our London office is seeking a Java eTrading Developer to join our team to focus on the FICC Emerging Markets eTrading deliveries including algorithm development, strategic framework development and regulatory initiatives related to eTrading.
You will be involved in the development of the next generation eTrading platform for the Emerging Markets business. The initial focus will be sovereign bonds and IRS (both d2d and d2c). The project will evolve to cover other asset classes as part of a cross-line-of-business pivotal initiative. You will be involved in all stages of the software development life cycle and will have daily interaction with traders, quants and senior partners.
You will use Java predominately in this role where you will work in an agile team on a large scale enterprise system. You won't have direct line management responsibilities in this role however you will be expected to provide a level of oversight on the team's projects.
If you have experience with Fixed Income, Bonds, Swaps, Commodities, FX and knowledge of interest rates it would be desired however we will also consider candidates who have the right technical skills and a keen interest in gaining a knowledge in these areas.
You will join an area that has good growth prospects within investment banking and will be in a role that will allow you to progress over the next few years if you wish to further develop your software development skills.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- You will join a team in the process of rolling out a new platform and will look at aspects such as: how it can generate prices, how to use market input to drive a new market price, how to feed this information to traders and how to put use electronic venues to do so.
- You will look at the negotiation between traders and trading venues, how to capture trades, you will work with vendors including Bloomburg
- You will be working with large changes to existing systems but will also be tasked with building new functionality
- You will be building into the firm's electronic stack. You will work mainly with front office systems, interacting with traders to roll out the new eTrading platform, but will also overlap with middle office post-trade
- You will interact with both external stakeholders and various tech teams throughout the bank
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Software Engineering or Computer Science, 2:1 or higher, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience at a tier one bank
- Solid Rates/Fixed Income product knowledge desirable
- Extensive experience of distributed, multi-threaded system development in Java (Java 1.8 preferred)
- Previous eTrading application development experience is highly helpful but not essential
- Experience of industry standard Continuous Integration and automated testing tools
- Experience of KDB is desirable
- An appetite to work on a high profile project in a fast paced delivery focused environment with exposure to senior business sponsors
- Knowledge of electronic venues such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, TrueEx is desirable
- Sound knowledge of software engineering design patterns and practices
- Strategic Thinking: Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, energy and drive, courage and character
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.