KDB Software Engineer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 mai 18 2018-05-23
KDB Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Tech and Operations
Are you ready to take on the next challenge in your career? Want to join an exciting, elite tech environment? We're looking for a talented KDB Software Engineer to join our team in London.
You will demonstrate your prior experience in developing large scale q/KDB applications as part of our team building and maintaining market data capture and distribution solutions within our Data and Analytics technology group.
We are responsible for two main areas including:
- Gathering and distributing tick market data and derived (real-time and daily) stats and analytics across Equity markets
- Collecting product and region specific daily and historical market data points from multiple internal and external pricing providers
Our main partner clients are algorithmic containers, P&L/Risk Management systems, TCA, quants and other analytical applications.
You will be a self-starter, a dedicated person capable of taking the lead on critical work you're doing, leading through all stages of the project from requirement gathering and solution design to testing and deployment.
As a KDB Software Engineer what will your main responsibilities involve?
- Working on the delivery of new features (market data sources, stats and analytics, new datasets, availability and resiliency improvements)
- Re-engineering and maintaining the stability of the existing features
- Collaborating closely with quants, product development and developers from other teams becoming part of the dynamic and agile delivery pipeline we operate
- Working with production management and infrastructure teams on stability and supportability of the applications in production environments
As a KDB Software Engineer what skills and qualifications will you ideally have?
- Excellent Q/KDB skills
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a demanding, high-energy environment
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Tick/historical market data knowledge
- Experience in building time series oriented systems and databases
- Market data APIs knowledge (RFA, TRTH, Mama)
- Knowledge of modern SDLC practices and tools (SVN/Git, Agile, Code Reviews, CI, TDD)
- Investment banking IT experience
- Java or C++ knowledge is helpful
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.