- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
Lead C# WPF Developer
Schroders Investment IT Group are seeking an experienced Developer who is competent with the WPF and C# technology stack. The role is work in the Research function which is target area of growth where candidates will also get exposure to the credit and equities business.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Group Technology Research Fundamentals team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our global bespoke and packaged insight systems which focus on investment research globally.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
We require an individual with a blend of business and technical skills to join the team. You will be a key member of the Agile Team responsible for delivery of quality code for bespoke new builds, enhancements and also additionally some general application support. You will also be responsible for code reviews and the preparation of releases for the entire Agile Team. You will work closely with the Systems Architect to ensure that standards are adhered to and any necessary architectural or technical debt is recorded with a realistic plan to remediate this.
Reporting to the Research Capability (Product) Lead you will role will involve the following:
• Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Goals and Objectives are met
• Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement by working with the Agile Coach and the RTE, conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Committed to increasing skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical Skills:
• Candidates must have strong technical knowledge of C#, LINQ, SQL Server 2012 or above, Unit or automation testing and WPF
• Demonstrable track record of working within a front office environment within Asset Management or financial services
• The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in Development and have experience of business analysis
• Be capable of leading the Agile team and providing direction on solutions
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
• Consultative approach coupled with a “can-do” attitude
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
• Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients
• Able to thrive in Agile Development environment
• Candidates will preferably have knowledge of Entity Framework, WCF Services, Design Patterns, UX and GUI Design and HTML5
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances