Lead Reconciliations Specialist - Contract
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- 19 sept. 17
Schroders will be creating a new team that will be responsible for reconciling the firm's Accounting Book of Record to the equivalent client data held with custodians, counterparties and third party administrators. We will be recruiting a team of experienced individuals to perform a re-configuration of the current reconciliation system to improve operational efficiency, reduce operational risk, and to leverage best practise and functionality that the application has to offer.
Schroders is a FTSE 100, global asset management company with over £300 billion under management on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income and alternatives. Asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with our clients' - the creation of long-term value. We employ more than 2,600 talented people worldwide, operating from 35 offices in 26 different countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationship and growing our business.
Throughout our 203 year history, our people have always been our most important asset, at the heart of everything we do. At Schroders, we are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing talented individuals in order to deliver our potential as an organisation. Our values start with a commitment to Excellence in everything that we do. Excellence is achieved through Innovation and Teamwork - the constant search for new solutions and the understanding that we will only achieve real excellence through working together. Our two key drivers are Passion - an unswerving commitment to our clients and Integrity - honesty and straightforwardness which must underpin all of our relationships.
Overview of Role
Schroders will be creating a new team, to be launched in Q1 2018, that will be responsible for reconciling the firm's Accounting Book of Record to the equivalent client data held with custodians, counterparties and third party administrators.
In advance of the launch date, we will be recruiting a sub team of experienced individuals to perform a re-configuration of the current reconciliation system to improve operational efficiency, reduce operational risk, and to leverage best practise and functionality that the application has to offer.
We will also be recruiting individuals to perform user testing of the new interfaces and processes that will be supported by the new team when it is launched.
Once the system has been re-configured and testing has been completed, the individuals will move to a BAU role within the new team to perform typical reconciliation based activities including the investigation and resolution of cash breaks.
The ideal candidate will
* be able to demonstrate instances where their actions have directly led to an increase in efficiency and/or reduction in operational risk,
* have an acute understanding of the importance of a tightly controlled process to reconcile client cash records to external parties, and
* have had hands-on experience of best practise set-up for a reconciliation system, to maximise efficiency of the underlying matching rules, and to ensure appropriate controls exist to ensure that operational risk is managed effectively.
* Investigate reconciliation breaks and pro-actively pursue a prompt resolution.
* Review current configuration of the incumbent reconciliation system and identify opportunities for improvement. Play an active role in the delivery/implementation of changes.
* Undertake analysis of reconciliation break trends to highlight risk and propose remediation solutions.
* Review and evaluate departmental processes, proposing improvements where efficiencies can be gained or operational risk can be reduced.
* Ensure stringent controls are in place to restrict and manage operational risk.
* Monitor and report on performance against service level agreements.
* Prepare and submit timely and accurate management information and key performance indicators.
* Liaise with external parties and internal functions to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Cross Training of new team members.
* Participation in diverse projects which have direct impact on reconciliations team.
* Deputise for the Team Leader.
* Experience in the investigation and resolution of reconciliation breaks.
* A real desire to resolve issues and continually drive down the volume of breaks
* A broad understanding of Investment Management including the different types of investible instruments.
* Proven problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail .
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Able to adapt and thrive in a changing environment .
* Solid understanding of the importance of operational risk and associated controls.
* Good client awareness.
* Strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
* Trend analysis and the ability to identify areas for improvement.
* Hands-on experience of the Intellimatch application
* Derivative instrument reconciliations
* User acceptance testing preparation and execution