Legal Project Manager
- GBP450 - GBP550 per day
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDD, Plein-temps
- Michael Page
- 07 nov. 17 2017-11-07
Legal Project Manager will be working in the External Engagement team provide commercial support to the Legal function for all activities relating to engagement of law firms. The team builds partnerships with the bank's key law firms in order to (i) achieve the most efficient commercial construct and (ii) transform them into solutions providers.
A major global bank.
This is a London based role.
The bank works with a large number of external legal providers. The Legal function is accountable for maximising value from our relationships with these vendors and ensuring appropriate cost, quality and risk controls are in place.
The Legal Project Manager role within the Legal Project Management team will be responsible for providing commercially-focused legal project management and operational support to the Legal function. The remit of the team is to introduce greater control and transparency of projected costs and elicit more meaningful MI on a select group of major matters with a significant combined budget. The Legal Project Manager will work with lawyers, business managers and 3rd party vendors to ensure that the following best practices are implemented on all major matters:
- A consolidated plan of all legal project deliverables and timelines is actively maintained so it is always current and available to inform law firm selection decisions and enable ongoing matter reviews and planning.
- A complete and accurate financial plan containing actual and forecast data for both the current financial period and also the lifetime of each matter is in place, actively maintained and can be relied upon by Management for budgeting purposes.
- Purchase orders are actively managed and any resulting invoice issues are quickly identified and resolved.
- Commercial optimisations are established (and regularly reviewed and renegotiated as required) to provide cost saving and visibility of the value being delivered to the bank.
- Internal lead lawyers, external law firms and other vendors are constructively challenged regularly to establish competitive and efficient commercial arrangements.
Ensure that assigned legal major matters are planned and managed effectively, with strong emphasis on commercial performance and achieving the most effective fee arrangements from legal suppliers, while promoting greater internal awareness of financial spend and forecasts alongside the value being received.
- Manage complex legal projects within a clearly defined framework that emphasises strong commercial management alongside quality and timely legal deliverables.
- Ensure the consistent and coordinated delivery of agreed processes and outcomes to high quality standards.
- Act as a central point of information, documentation and control on assigned major matters for all discussions relating to negotiation, budgeting, planning, challenge and ongoing management of matters.
- Check and challenge commercial approach on significant matters at regular intervals throughout the matter lifecycle.
- Provide guidance to lawyers and other project stakeholders on effective project and commercial management practices, liaising with Legal Project Portfolio Manager and other External Engagement Team colleagues to ensure consistency of messaging.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experienced Legal Project Manager with strong understanding of multiple formal project delivery methodologies including Lean/Agile/Waterfall knowledge along with the ability to deliver continuous improvement aligned to a central strategy.
- Experienced commercial negotiator / financial manager with robust history of challenging, setting and controlling significant budgets across multiple complex projects
- Experience of working in a major law firm or in the legal function of a financial services organisation.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to challenge and provide steer to stakeholders.
- Ability to balance 'big picture' perspective with strong attention to complex detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a core competence in streamlining and enhancing reporting for a Legal audience.
- Delivery focused and proactive individual, able to act on own initiative and work effectively towards objectives while maintaining good communication with colleagues and escalating where appropriate
- Team player with collaborative style and ability to quickly build trust/credibility and strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines and balance priorities to deliver a high quality outcome
- Solution-focused, creative problem-solver who strives for the right outcome
Up to £550 per day