M&A Associate - London
- Fixed + Bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nash & Co Capital Limited
- 05 sept. 17
Support two senior bankers within a London-based corporate finance boutique specialising in M&A in the construction and related industrial sectors.
We are seeking a highly competent and motivated M&A associate to support two senior bankers within a London-based corporate finance boutique specialising in M&A in the construction and related industrial sectors. While the UK is our centre of gravity, much of our work is carried out on a cross-border basis, both in the developed world and the emerging markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a rigourous analytical background to broaden their experience within a small but growing corporate finance franchise. The role will have opportunities for significant transaction and client exposure and will involve providing the back-up materials for high-level advice to clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, disposals, equity raising and other corporate finance issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing company valuations (including public and transaction valuations metrics) and creating/analysing complex financial models, such as LBO models
- Researching and preparing proprietary industry research papers and reports, company profiles, creating lists of potential acquirors or acquisition targets, case studies and pitch books
- Preparing detailed client presentations and information memoranda
- Interacting with clients and various levels of management, including acquirers, sellers, third party funds, other advisers, and acting as an integral part of the advisory team
- Developing and driving new marketing initiatives, including newsletters and research papers
- Keeping fully up to date with the markets and the construction sector developments, such as M&A activity, innovations and new regulations
- Assisting in soliciting new business including calling and meeting with potential clients and other related counterparties
As we are a small team, we are very often travelling or working out of office, so it is essential that the successful candidate is a motivated self-starter and is able to operate autonomously.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate, with an innate understanding of the key underlying drivers of value in businesses, and a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in an investment banking or accountancy environment. In addition, a perfect command of English and strong analytical skills (including the mastering of Excel, Word and Powerpoint) are required. Although not an absolute requirement, European languages would be desirable.