Be a Part of Our Success
MD/Director, UK Business Management - Risk & Analysis, Investor & Treasury ServicesWhat is the opportunity?
The Managing Director/Director, UK Business Management, Risk & Analysis, Investor & Treasury Services is responsible for providing primary support to the COO, Global Client Coverage and Global Client Operations and ultimately to Head of Investor & Treasury Services UK and Global Head of Client Operations, encompassing IT, compliance, HR, risk, client coverage and operations.
What will you do?
- Directly responsible for the accuracy of analysis and reports prepared for and presented to management
- Development of a thorough understanding of Investor and Treasury Services' business model and associated risks from a UK perspective
- Working closely with members of the I&TS UK operating company, UK (and global) senior management and I&TS Global Client Coverage
- Act as a secretary for I&TS UK operating company sessions and drive working groups related to UK initiatives
- Provide analytics and interpreting of key business and functional metrics and proactively address any issues
- Prepare status updates and summary reports of ongoing initiatives and projects in Technology and Client Operations to enhance internal governance controls
- Act as ‘crisis/issue manager' on key initiatives, as required
- Liaise with I&TS Regulatory Governance & Solutions team and Compliance to monitor and assist in implementing any regulatory change impacting the UK
- Assist with annual business planning for the UK in coordination with Finance and Business Management teams
- Proven people management and influencing skills with experience of growing, developing, nurturing and driving virtual teams successfully combined with a sense of fairness and the ability to inspire and motivate others
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven experience in the financial services industry with specific experience in custody and asset servicing/asset management segments (or equivalent)
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Independent worker with strong organizational and project management capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills combined with an ability to multi-task effectively
- Self-starter with ability to adapt and contribute to a dynamic work environment and undertake varied responsibilities
- A skilled communicator and adept influencer, who can gain respect and work across all levels of an organization through strong influencing, management and leadership skills with a consensual style
- Highly proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL06
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2017-12-11
Req ID: 150628
Flexible Working Options Considered