Market Data Manager - Associate Director
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Company: Fidelity International
About Technology: In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition? It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent.
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
About Market Data:
The Fidelity Market Data team has responsibility for all commercial, technical and governance of Market Data activity in the UK and Europe, with a current focus to develop and strengthen capability and coverage in Asia.
Market Data take the lead on all Market Data vendor contract negotiations, new requirements, tender (RFI/RFP) processes (working with Procurement), governance activity (Audits, training, Policy and alignment with Data Governance), administration - inventory, invoicing and various reporting, as well as technical support and consultancy with the technical delivery teams.
Additionally, the technical team provide real-time data services supporting well know industry distribution platforms into various applications, as well as supporting application development and vendor applications across Fidelity.
Purpose of your role:
Your role will be to lead all commercial and governance of Market Data activity in the UK and Europe, with additional responsibility for service delivery into Asia for global suppliers, Market Data governance, and financial administration. This includes team management responsibility, as well as developing and driving strategic capability working with the Market Data Director.
The scope of suppliers & products covers Market Data Terminals, Indices, Reference, Pricing & Exchange data, Ratings, Research and Risk & Attribution services from hundreds of Market Data suppliers.
Your ability to establish trusted relationships with key business clients, lead and manage the team in a structured way, to drive change, prioritise delivery and challenge existing processes will be the key to your success.
Your key accountabilities:
- Responsible for managing the Market Data Business and Vendor Management team
- Responsible for managing the Market Data Administration team
- Own the business relationship across multiple business teams and geographies
- Overall management of the Business and Vendor Management team (BVM)
- Management of the Administration and Finance team
- Own the portfolio of work across the team, and manage the team budget
- Day to day prioritisation and work allocation across the team
- Strategic direction and goals for the Market Data team globally
- Track progress against team and individual goals
- Development of global operating model driving consistency of service and approach into Asia
There will be plenty of opportunity for a strong candidate to make a significant difference both within the team - through process improvements, work prioritisation and client engagement, and also across Fidelity - especially in delivering cost effective data sourcing and management strategies.
Your skills and experience:
- Leadership skills - Including ability to drive change - people, process, engagement and collaboration
- Team development. You should have prior experience of running teams and developing individuals and capability
- Working with CxO and other senior business clients to discuss strategy, present detailed market data cost breakdowns and to understand their requirements, your ability to build relationships will be important
- Supplier management - experience of managing and measuring supplier performance, and managing issues and escalations with suppliers
- Supplier negotiation experience - the ability to structure a negotiation, create leverage, and form strategic relationships with suppliers
- Experience of Market Data administration - platforms, inventories, exchange rules and reporting, invoicing, reconciliation and financial chargeback
- Good planning skills - the ability to create and track project deliverables, and to track and manage progress against objectives in a team context with a mix of larger projects and smaller BAU deliverables
- Excellent data skills - the ability to review, analyse, and draw meaning from data and then communicate that with others is important - be it financial reporting, quickly analysing supplier supplied information again inventory etc - analytical skills are a requirement
- Good documentation skills, including writing policies and procedures
- Motivated, with a positive (can-do) and enthusiastic attitude
- Diligent, thorough and professional
- Ability to cope with demanding schedules and pressured deadlines
- Must thrive in a rapidly changing and expanding environment
- Relevant professional qualifications a benefit
- Experience with relevant market data technologies would be an advantage - TREP/RMDS, and desktop platforms such as Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset etc would all be extremely useful
- Project Management experience a plus - the ability to break down deliverables into smaller parts, to create and track schedules of work, and to manage a budget against this - all very valuable skills that would be advantageous
- Process Management and techniques (Six Sigma etc) would be of great benefit
- Self-driven, enthusiastic about market data, innovative in approach
- Must be structured in approach to planning, tracking work, and managing work across a team
- Delivery focussed with a get things done attitude
- Service management - ITIL - experience of structured approaches to service delivery and a good understand of the need to be able to manage, track and report the delivery of work from clients into a team
- Ability to thrive in a technology driven, rapidly changing and expanding environment
- A desire to do things the right way, whilst remaining focused on team and business objectives
Requirements of Role:
- The role will be based in London primarily, but with regular travel to other offices - weekly in the UK (Kent, Surrey), and routinely to Ireland (where part of the team is based), with some international travel to see clients / colleagues (Asia - Hong Kong, Tokyo, China, and India).