- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- 17 oct. 17
Market Data Technical Manager
Salaire : Base + Bonus + Benefits
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Market Data Technical Manager with experience of technical delivery of market data products and services within a financial services organisation. You will also have experience of exec level reporting and strategies for Market Data delivery and best practise.
Overview of Market Data
The Market Data Services team is a specialist data content and commercial management function which provides industry-leading guidance and support for the acquisition, provisioning and governance of financial data to all areas of the firm globally. Our mandate is to ensure we operate best practice standards in the maintenance and supply of Market Data. With a diverse user-base comes immensely varied requirements for data and we support these needs by utilising the subject matter expertise and financial knowledge that our team is expected to demonstrate.
Overview of role within Market Data
Schroders is undertaking a significant amount of business and technical change. In response to this and in light of the growth of the Market Data commercial function, it is recognised that we need to develop a Market Data Technical Management function. The starting point for this capability is this role.
The role requires knowledge and experience of Market Data technical operations with specific relevance to activities within a financial services (asset management or investment banking) organisation. Market Data Technical Management is required to design, agree and implement strategy improvements to support the consumption and utilisation of market data products and services. You will be a subject matter expert in market data vendors from a technical delivery perspective and will understand the merits and challenges presented by interacting with our existing supplier base as well on-boarding new suppliers or technologies.
It will be key to embed your role into our organisations change and delivery functions and their workflows. Your ability to liaise with these groups to impart knowledge and create opportunity will define how successful we are as a Market Data function globally. It is anticipated that as part of this role you will be required to grow a team to support these activities as volume and complexity growth necessitates additional resources and or skillsets.
The role reports to the Global Head of Market Data and also has a dotted line to the Global Head of Infrastructure
• Global strategic oversight for “Market Data” infrastructure – with an appreciation for business drivers and commercial considerations
• Owner of our technical relationship with our market data vendors
• Provide advanced warning of IT projects and initiatives that have a Market Data requirement or impact
• BAU / project support for externally driven product / software or infrastructure changes (including disaster recovery)
• Strategic driver of Market Data warehousing requirements and solutions (sandboxes, structured / unstructured databases, raw stores)
• Review and sign off of all market data packaging releases
• SME for market data technology capabilities (infra, real-time, end-of-day, usage capture, entitlements, contributions etc)
• Co ordinate end user testing of software upgrades both external and internal applications
• Maintain visibility of day-to-day desktop support / support calls / tier-3 escalations
• Active monitoring of services / comms / infrastructure
• A strong understanding of market data application providers with particular knowledge of external systems like Bloomberg, EIKON and FactSet
• A proven track record of efficiently implementing external systems within a centralised IT framework. We need to be able to deliver change in a way that allows the market data team to maximise any benefits from contract renegotiation
• A strong understanding of how external data providers like FTSE, MSCI, S&P, FITCH, ICE & Markit deliver data and how it can be efficiently incorporated into internal databases and end user applications
• An understanding of how data entitlement impacts market data costs
• Significant experience within a market data technical delivery setting, preferably with management responsibility
• A proven track record in Market Data, with strong experience facing off to business and technology functions
• Technical relationship management of market data vendors including Bloomberg, Factset, Thomson Reuters
• Experience in delivery planning and the transmission of complex strategic initiatives to groups outside of Market Data
• Ability to act as a conduit between the market data team and IT, offering advice to both teams on how to most efficiently deliver solutions.
• A track record of supporting projects that help users move from external applications to extracting data from internal databases.
• Experience in defining a technical strategy to support the Market Data business strategy
• A view on the opportunities being created by emerging technologies to deliver data to users
• Experience of reporting to C-level stakeholders
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with good reporting and analytical ability
• Attention to detail and a flexible attitude
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.