Newton Snr Analyst/Programmer (Front Office)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 18 janv. 18 2018-01-18
Newton Snr Analyst/Programmer (Front Office)
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £55bn (as at 30 September 2017) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
- The Senior Analyst/Programmer is responsible for the design and development of technology solutions collaboratively with their scrum team and business stakeholders, contributing and adhering to a cohesive and appropriate technical architecture, and championing and contributing to Newton development practices and standards where applicable. Whilst the primary focus will be on the Front Office they will also contribute to other business areas as required.
- The Senior Analyst/Programmer should assist in setting the overall technical direction of their respective technology areas in collaboration with their Team Lead as well as the Newton Head of Development / Head of Core Technology and Senior Technology Team as appropriate.
- In addition, the Senior Analyst/Programmer will be expected to contribute to the patterns and practices of the broader group as appropriate, mentoring and guiding others and championing quality.
- Contributing as a hands-on developer as required on key projects and BAU initiatives. This incorporates leading Proofs of Concept (POCs), working with internal and external resources to evaluate technical solutions and performing quality assurance on projects including areas of estimation, architecture, design and development. Contribute to discussions on future state of system architecture and the gaps between current- and future-state architecture
- Driving solution design and delivery with Managers and Team-Leads, ensuring that designs adhere to Newton Technology strategic systems- and data architecture standards and principles
- Designing solutions with an emphasis on quality and a clear approach to support, maintenance, automated testing and deployment
- Challenging convention when applicable with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Driving best-practice delivery of design and code reviews within the team & broader group
- Interacting with business stakeholders as appropriate to understand requirements, conduct analysis and ensure continuity of existing relationships.
- Actively liaising with application and desktop support teams to provide pre- and post-implementation support
- Playing a leading, proactive role in scrum team activities including estimation, prioritisation, stand-ups, show-and-tells and retrospectives
- Identifying opportunities to improve developer skills and process, pair with other developers to build out knowledge and expertise in order to improve system quality
- Following, contributing to and championing Newton development standards and practices as applicable
- Liaising with and contributing to the Newton Technical Excellence Group as appropriate to facilitate consistency and continuous improvement
- Mentoring junior team members and actively encouraging them to collaborate with and contribute to the broader team.
- An understanding of the Investment Management industry, business processes and the context of customer requirements, with particular emphasis on the Front Office.
- Strong database design, development and optimisation experience with an enterprise RDBMS, preferably one of, or both, SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- The ability to assimilate business requirements, express them as user stories and acceptance criteria and realise them in technical design form.
- Proven track record in middle tier service design and development in one of but ideally both .NET and Java.
- Good understanding and experience of ETL/EDM tools and middleware.
- Experience designing, building and deploying user interfaces, targeting both user desktop and browser-based clients.
- Enterprise, solution and software design experience using industry standard techniques, patterns and tools.
- Strong business engagement & analysis skills.
- An understanding of data management concepts, as well as a keen interest in architectural relationships between systems and data transformation and flow between them.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal- and written form. The ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely and to adapt communication style and detail as appropriate for the audience.
- Knowledge of order management software and systems. Exposure to the Charles River Investment. Management System would be particularly advantageous.
- Track record in a senior technical role within an Agile based working environment.
- Track record in driving integration testing and deployment automation.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1712876
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I